Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Georges Flags??

Where are all the flags that the fans used to take to Wembley displaying the name of the club they support, I am watching the game at the moment and I can only spot one or two.

Please don't tell me the PC brigade have put a stop to it!

Comments

• dunno wont see a charlton one though will ya
  • place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans
  • Our 16ft CAFC St George is in my brothers loft if that is any good?
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Where are all the flags that the fans used to take to Wembley displaying the name of the club they support, I am watching the game at the moment and I can only spot one or two.

Yep. Brent council have banned all St George's flags from being displayed anywhere in the borough. Apparently its 'culturally insensitive', if you please. I bet all the immigrants are still allowed to wave their countries' flags though - and Brent probably celebrate Diwali and Eid and Kwanzaa and Hannukah and all manner of other foreign rubbish. The whole country's gone to the dogs - its political correctness gone mad I tell ya.

Probably.
  • yes... phew for that. goal.
  • All with Happy Clappers
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans

well tavern is there. shag is there. Frankie W also and and i wouldnt call any of them kids..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans[/quote]

well tavern is there. shag is there. Frankie W also and and i wouldnt call any of them kids..[/quote]

You know what i mean
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans

well tavern is there. shag is there. Frankie W also and and i wouldnt call any of them kids..

We met in the bogs !
  • Haven't been yet (waiting for CAFC to get there) whats the "new" Wembley like ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Where are all the flags that the fans used to take to Wembley displaying the name of the club they support, I am watching the game at the moment and I can only spot one or two.

Yep. Brent council have banned all St George's flags from being displayed anywhere in the borough. Apparently its 'culturally insensitive', if you please. I bet all the immigrants are still allowed to wave their countries' flags though - and Brent probably celebrate Diwali and Eid and Kwanzaa and Hannukah and all manner of other foreign rubbish. The whole country's gone to the dogs - its political correctness gone mad I tell ya.

Probably.

That is shocking. PC gone mad
  • Please tell me this is an AFKA style wind-up.
  • There were flags there last night of course they're not banned . I don't think they like flags being drapped over the FA logo or over the advertising hoardings so thats why theres not as many . Good to see the Ernie Cooksey flag though
  • It would not shock me knowing Brent

But as ever people will moan but take no action
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans
    Let's blame something else on the kids eh?

I was there and so were plenty of St George's flags. There aren't as many prominent places to show them in the new Wembley. Many of them were draped over walls that don't face the pitch, so they're not visible on the box.

Kids or not, the atmosphere at the start was electrifying. Shame the quality of what was on the pitch quickly fixed that.
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]I was there and so were plenty of St George's flags. There aren't as many prominent places to show them in the new Wembley. Many of them were draped over walls that don't face the pitch, so they're not visible on the box.

i'm not buying into that. it's a conspiracy i tell ya!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans[/quote]Let's blame something else on the kids eh?

I was there and so were plenty of St George's flags. There aren't as many prominent places to show them in the new Wembley. Many of them were draped over walls that don't face the pitch, so they're not visible on the box.

Kids or not, the atmosphere at the start was electrifying. Shame the quality of what was on the pitch quickly fixed that.[/quote]

You've got to stop this C_f_W. You're ruining the righteous indignation of the Daily Hate Mail readers who want to believe England has gone to dogs. Please desist.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Where are all the flags that the fans used to take to Wembley displaying the name of the club they support, I am watching the game at the moment and I can only spot one or two.

Probably.

That is shocking. PC gone mad

I blame Health & Safety
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]place is full of kids and not what i call proper fans
    Let's blame something else on the kids eh?

Kids or not, the atmosphere at the start was electrifying. Shame the quality of what was on the pitch quickly fixed that.

You've got to stop this C_f_W. You're ruining the righteous indignation of the Daily Hate Mail readers who want to believe England has gone to dogs. Please desist.
    Sorry, point taken and duly noted :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]the atmosphere at the start was electrifying.
    I take it you mean when the Anthem was sung?!
  • Sponsored links:

• I fell asleep in front of the telly and was woken up by the Ukraine goal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]the atmosphere at the start was electrifying.
    I take it you mean when the Anthem was sung?!
    Immediately before and after for around 5-10mins
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I fell asleep in front of the telly and was woken up by the Ukraine goal.

Lol, gald I was not on my own, I was hoping last nights game would be entertaining as there was points riding on it however that was not the case, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • yes it was a poor performance, but would rather watch that than a friendly goalfest. I still think we should only play friendlies against countries in the fifa top 20. Do you really need to play a friendly against Jamaica, if you get drawn against a Tobago in a world champs?
  • edited April 2009
    We switched back and forth between the England and Northern Ireland games, due to Mr Weegie's allegiance.

Now if you thought the quality of the England game was bad....
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]We switched back and forth between the England and Northern Ireland games, due to Mr Weegie's allegiance.

maybe if we can get down to their level,the games might become more exciting...
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]We switched back and forth between the England and Northern Ireland games, due to Mr Weegie's allegiance.

maybe if we can get down to their level,the games might become more exciting...

Did make me think that! It was like flicking between the Charlton of four or five years ago and the Charlton of now!
  • Was flicking between that and the Scotland game.

Both shite.
  • fuck me what do people want exactly ? We won and we are top of the group by 5 points .
  • Well if last night was anything to go by, I'm getting a season ticket to Wembley!

Cold beer on tap; four-course meal; met Ray Winstone; more beer; padded seats (with drinks holders, if you please!); more beer; post-match presentation with Des Walker, Lee Dixon and Trevor Brooking; and drinks all night until the queue for the Tube diminished. Perfect. Couldn't have been any better. Except it was: I met and had a chat with Geoff Hurst at half time. How's that for a Wednesday night?