Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++++UPDATED AGAIN- Charlton Live- End of an era++++++

BDL reflects on/ laments the probable end of Charlton Live..

BDL Article

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Just had an email from Dave with the great news that all is not lost....

:-)
  • Well maybe - hoping that Dan Davis can confirm, had a text from Terry (Killersbeard) last night that someone has put some money into the stations, so.............

Thanks for all the comments btw.
  • Dan this morning was playing "sir duke" and you could tell his smile was beaming over the airwaves! he was getting in a pickle talking excitedly about the traffic and travel and said that he'd be back on monday as they've been saved, but couldn't say too much as it was all being sorted out still!
  • due to start in a minute, i believe
  • any chance of a link???
  • Back again and it's not good news.

Dan is currently in Miami but has let me know that it probably is the end for Time 106.8 and SLR 107.3.

The station has been left in automation since yesterday.

So it looks very much like last Sunday's show could well have been the very last. Yes I know it was never the same after Mark left, but it was still there, run by fans for fans.

To say that I am gutted is an understatement. With everyone else that's happenning in the Charlton Universe it is extremely depressing.
  • Sad news Dave-
  • Dave
    What is Mark doing now?
  • How much would it cost to get a digital or online version of the show made by ourselfs? Even if it was just a podcast or somthing once a week I'm sure we could do somthing shame to let it die I would be well up for helping out.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]How much would it cost to get a digital or online version of the show made by ourselfs? Even if it was just a podcast or somthing once a week I'm sure we could do somthing shame to let it die I would be well up for helping out.[/quote]

A podcast could be done, but sadly I would think that the phone calls would be very difficult,
  • Not if everyone knew when it was being recorded and we did it as live that would work not that technical in that area but somthing could be done
  • its a question of getting a telephone system at around £600 its not cheap and thats just for starters
  • edited April 2009
    Bad news, Dave - I'm gutted.

I also feel partly responsible. My first appearance last Sunday and the station dies.

I feel a lament coming on ...........

"Ruddo killed the radio show".
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]its a question of getting a telephone system at around £600 its not cheap and thats just for starters

if there were say 10 of us willing to get it up and running and keep it going untill maybe we got funding from elsewhere im sure we could raise the cash, would take alot of effort and big commitment depends how much people would be commitmed to it. we could apply for a grant if we put up a good case and used to it to promote the community work too.
  • I would be willing to do what I could, other Clubs have a variety of podcasts so why not us?
  • I have spoke to Dave and Terry before about the possibility of running a weekly podcast through this site. It was something me and Lookout were very keen to get involved in.

I'll take this onto email and see where we stand and what possible options are open.
  • right.. i feel a plan comming together, we should ask the admins to post a sticky up on the topic if people are willing to stump up 20 notes for the dvd we should be able to raise the funds, BDL and others on here must have contacts and theres a few dj's on here too who may have some decent eqiupment we could use too.
  • Been on the cards for a while I guess, but still gutted if this turns out to be the end.

As Dan said, the idea of podcasts has been raised before and basically if it is something that would keep things going, I would love to help.
  • BDLBDL
    edited April 2009
    OK, we could do the phone calls via Skype.Brian and Glynne did that on Charlton Plus

We need a studio that we can all get to - Any ideas??

Ofcom don't know anything, allegedly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave / Tel, i'll email you this afternoon
  • Cheers Dan
  • gutted

:-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Bad news, Dave - I'm gutted.

I also feel partly responsible. My first appearance last Sunday and the station dies.

I feel a lament coming on ...........

"Ruddo killed the radio show".

Yes, it's all to do with you....

Some people and their egos, jesus.
  • edited April 2009
    I think he was joking wasnt he ?
  • of course he was.

ease up soldier
  • blimey.
  • A shame, but well done for trying.
  • Eugh, shitty mood this morning, sorry :(
  • Where's Adam with his Michael Winner Calm Down picture?

Dave was a great guest and it was a really good show to close on, IF that is it. I think it is, for now.