Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Georges Flags??

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]fuck me what do people want exactly ? We won and we are top of the group by 5 points .

I think it's because of Charlton's position and the credit crunch. A lot of folk just want to moan, whinge and criticise.
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Well if last night was anything to go by, I'm getting a season ticket to Wembley!

Cold beer on tap; four-course meal; met Ray Winstone; more beer; padded seats (with drinks holders, if you please!); more beer; post-match presentation with Des Walker, Lee Dixon and Trevor Brooking; and drinks all night until the queue for the Tube diminished. Perfect. Couldn't have been any better. Except it was: I met and had a chat with Geoff Hurst at half time. How's that for a Wednesday night?
    Very nice! What was Geoff like, honest and critical or claiming that the team could go all the way?

What do people want? For the team to be able to raise then game against lower ranked teams. I think we got a bit lucky last night.
  • What do people want? For the team to be able to raise then game against lower ranked teams. I think we got a bit lucky last night.

We made our luck, but aren't in the top four of the world, but should qualify from here easily enough. At any rate we are much better than under McLaren so progress is being made.
  • In a way I'm glad the win was a bit scrappy and close.

It may stop the press shouting from the rooftops that we are going to win the World Cup and allow the players to quietly go about the business of qualifying without the glare of unwelcome publicity.