Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Birthday

@AFKABartram have a great day Boss.................

Struth, @Dazzler21 you're missing all the rungs of the ladder with this little gem ;)

Comments

• Happy Birthday 🎂🍻😘😘
  • Happy birthday!!
  • Cheers all, there’s loads of lifers with a birthday today so hope they’ve all had a great day 👍
  • Happy birthday boss, hope you’re having a good day!
  • edited May 2021
    Happy Birthday, dear AFKA, Happy Birthday to you!
    Hope you're having a cracking day.

And thank you for wishing me a happy birthday today - much appreciated!
    Even heard a cuckoo. Just been for a good old stank around Bodmin Moor. Pasty and a pint. Proper job!

• Cheers all, there’s loads of lifers with a birthday today so hope they’ve all had a great day 👍
    Happy birthday mate.
    You caught me up?
  • Happy birthday @AFKABartram @GlassHalfFull @Oggy Red  hope you’ve all enjoyed your day!
  • Cheers, @TelMc32. Been a cracking day.

• Sponsored links:

• My birthday too, happy birthday all!!
  • edited May 2021
    T_C_E said:

Struth, @Dazzler21 you're missing all the rungs of the ladder with this little gem ;)
    I've given up caring about winning Danny over, doesn't even pay employee benefits... Or pay employees.
  • Happy Birthday to you all!
  • Nicholas said:
    Some proper Charlton life legends birthdays today. Happy birthday all. Oh yeah it’s my birthday too 😂
    Happy Birthday, @Nicholas and to @GlassHalfFull. And @Ashers.

We've got a CL 5-a-side team.

• Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:

I've given up caring about winning Danny over, doesn't even pay employee benefits... Or pay employees.
    Don’t start playing the sympathy card now and it’s not about money think of the prestige. 
    Not a bad entry on the old C.V.  
    2021 to date. ........ Charltonlife Administration.
    Responsibilities........settling petty squabbles, dishing out bans and phoning members when the OB want a word. 😉
  • T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:

Don’t start playing the sympathy card now and it’s not about money think of the prestige. 
    Not a bad entry on the old C.V.  
    2021 to date. ........ Charltonlife Administration.

Charlton Life in Administration?

What next, transfer embargo?  :astonished:

• Happy birthdays all. 
  • Happy Peter Shirtliff day 
    Afkas gotta be late 40s now pushing 50 
  • edited May 2021
    Happy Peter Shirtliff day 
    Afkas gotta be late 40s now pushing 50 
    Mid 20s I reckon..........

Take note @Dazzler21 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy birthday + 1. 

• For all the kind wishes I've received over the past 24 hours my most sincere thanks, folks. 

Occasionally even the most hopelessly lost of all lost causes can somehow be retrieved and so discover a renewed purpose. 

In my own case I have been undeservedly blessed with family, friends and carers who - unbidden - patiently continue to show me nothing but affection and understanding and who are truly my life support.

So, at 74 maybe it's time to respond and, er, finally to grow up. At 74 maybe there's still time for me to be a better man - as ever with your help and guidance.

Can this birthday boy be indulged with the chance to explain, please?

Many possibilities exist for me and naturally I hope the likeliest beneficiary of my modest efforts will be our rather special football club, which currently faces a formidable rebuilding after what I reckon to be almost twenty years of neglect.

For the record let me date the very start of our strung-out demise to the thorough humiliation handed to the very same self-entitled would-be ESLers who only last night won the latest iteration of Cheque Book Sans Frontiere. When on Boxing Day 2003 our latest Hall of Famer Jason Euell imperiously drove in the last goal of a stylish and fully deserved rout this act of carefree insubordination was promptly penalised by an act of piracy to abduct Scott Parker which was brazenly intended less to bolster Chelsea's roster than to nonchalantly sabotage our own. This brutal display of a 21st century robber baron simultaneously at work and play was compounded a few months later by the same club adding to their owner's charm bracelet of players by a casual plundering of Addicks-bound Mateja Kezman who would have been perfect to spearhead CAFC's steady rise to the next level. And AC's eventual  destabilisation was not coincidental.

As it is, however, London's footballing landscape has notably shifted during these not infrequently unproductive Charlton years. New stadiums have proliferated, boosting their respective occupants. Tottenham of course for one. AFC Wimbledon's new surroundings afford their club unprecedented luxury. Brentford's admirable management have overcome the twin challenges of an ambitious ground redevelopment and a successful ascent to the EPL. Sadly, nearer to home the Addicks must confront the competition presented by the present regime in SE25, newly stable in the EPL after the serial failures of Jordan and Goldberg. And what of West Ham - thanks to enjoying the equivalent of a weekly state-sponsored lottery win the seizure of their opportunity has brought such prosperity to the Taxpayers' Arena as to gladden the heart of the most old-school nomenklatura.

We have work to do, my friends. UTA!!  COYR!!  CTID!!

• Very reassuring to know @GlassHalfFull I've another 29 years before I have to consider growing up... :-) 
  • Very reassuring to know @GlassHalfFull I've another 29 years before I have to consider growing up... :-) 
    Follow your instinct, ignore the naysayers. Forever Young, mate!

• edited May 2021
    Happy Birthday AFBartram! From another Lifer (in SW France) who shares the same day.