Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Programmes

My grandad who got me into Charlton passed last year and he has left behind a load of old programmes, maybe 50-100 stretching from present back to 60s.

Do people think they are likely to auction off well? Thinking of doing so to buy my Nan something she can remember him by.

Comments

• Options
    Not really worth much. If you look on e bay you’ll see most home games on there through 60 onwards. Only rarest like single sheet friendlies command much money. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I think you're unlikely to make much money by selling Charlton programmes.  So, I hope you don't mind if I make two suggestions. 

Contact the Museum.  In the unlikely event that you have a programme they are missing, I am sure they would be happy to look after it for you.  

But also consider whether there are any gems in there that your Nan would like.  Is there, for example, a programme that carries a date that means something special to her?  Perhaps a family occasion, like a birth or wedding, that was also the date on one of those programmes.  If so, you could frame that and give it to your Nan as something tangible to remember him by.  After all, they were his and that can't be said of anything you could buy with cash. 

I think it's unlikely you can make much (or, probably, any) money by selling them.  But you could make one or more into a personalised, memorable gift for your Nan, instead. 
  • Options
    I'm after a copy of the Charlton Huddersfield 7-6 from the late 50s.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Fair enough thanks for heads up. It was more of a thoughtful gesture more than anything, I don’t expect any gems in there lol.

they were going down the skip as my Nan is downsizing so thought it may be an idea to see if they can be out to use and of interest to anyone else
  • Options
    Incase anyone is interested, bunged them on ebay 
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124756126821?hash=item1d0c0b6c65:g:GvAAAOSw7k5guK1g
  • Options
    Good luck but they are a very hard sell these days