Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeremie Sarmiento

This may be old news; however, according to his dad he has signed a Pre-Contract with a Premier League club.
The source is Goal.com, I don't know how reliable they are tbf.

Comments

• He left years ago. Do you mean Santos? 
  • pettgra said:
    This may be old news; however, according to his dad he has signed a Pre-Contract with a Premier League club.
    Manchester City I believe 
  • Sorry mate. Meant to say, he is leaving Benfica supposedly.
  • This young man will have a very good career.  A wonderful talent I saw play in a development squad pre-season game at Eastbourne.
  • pettgra said:
    If he's leaving Benfica (his Dad gave an interview saying it's because he's not getting anywhere near a first team look in) then i can't imagine he's got much hope of getting near the City squad.

To be honest his Dad sounds a bit of a prick. If you wanted your kid to be a first team regular at 18, then why didn't you keep him at Charlton?
    It's a mystery.

• pettgra said:
    If he's leaving Benfica (his Dad gave an interview saying it's because he's not getting anywhere near a first team look in) then i can't imagine he's got much hope of getting near the City squad.

To be honest his Dad sounds a bit of a prick. If you wanted your kid to be a first team regular at 18, then why didn't you keep him at Charlton?
    Money.
  • pettgra said:

It's a mystery.

I'd not be surprised if the signing of his next contract makes him a millionaire.  If he's not already.
  • edited June 2021
    Would not have my dad running my life at 18 years old. Sounds like that's what's happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Would not have my dad running my life at 18 years old. Sounds like that's what's happening.
    No but if it wasn't his dad it would be his agent, probably doing the same or similar things.

He might be a Premier League player at 23, he might not be.  Only very special players are regulars at 18 or 19.  Some that aren't still go on and have great careers.

It's not like he is running out of time at 18.
  • pettgra said:

Money.
    Yes obviously, but the Dad throwing his toys out of the pram because his kid isn't in the Benfica first team at 18 is ridiculous. If i was the kid i'd be embarrassed.

How many 18 year olds are first team regulars at clubs who play in the champions league each season? Not many. If he was good enough, i'm sure Benfica would've played him. They've got a renowned youth team and are always bringing through young players. But when you think the likes of Joao Felix didn't break through until he was 19 and Ruben Dias was 20 it's madness this kid's Dad thinks he should be in their team at 18.
  • Decent signing for Brighton!! - Glad he's gone there rather than anywhere else
  • Should have just stayed here in the first place. Hopefully Benfica didn't get any money for him.
  • edited July 2021
    No doubt his Dad will move him on if he’s not in the first team in a years time! Silly move going to Benfica, he’d of been in our first team if he’d stayed and likely have left for a cut price in Jan because he was running down his contract or on a free in the summer to Rangers. All what ifs now 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Good move if he gets a chance in the first team. Glad it’s not Palace or a big club where he’ll be one of many young players.

Big change for him, he’s gone from learning under Benfica’s coaches to his new manager Andrew Crofts.
  • Can see him going out on loan in January if he’s doing well but not ready for the first team.

Surely he wouldn’t come back to us now if the option was there to join on loan?
  • Sage said:
    Can see him going out on loan in January if he’s doing well but not ready for the first team.

Do you cut off your nose to spite your face though? It seems as though his dad was a bit of a prick so we shouldn't really have any hard feelings about him personally. From his point of view, we developed him and if he was happy here it would be a sensible loan for him. 
  • Sage said:
    Can see him going out on loan in January if he’s doing well but not ready for the first team.

Do you cut off your nose to spite your face though? It seems as though his dad was a bit of a prick so we shouldn't really have any hard feelings about him personally. From his point of view, we developed him and if he was happy here it would be a sensible loan for him. 
    Think with the coaches we have now in the first team, the understanding Euell will have with the young players, and the positivity of Adkins, he’d struggle to find a better suitor if it were League One he go to if he went on loan in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Think with the coaches we have now in the first team, the understanding Euell will have with the young players, and the positivity of Adkins, he’d struggle to find a better suitor if it were League One he go to if he went on loan in January.
    Ah definitely, location would be advantageous too. If quality young players are keen to go to League 1 you'd hope we'd be right at the top of the list, especially if they are from Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs. I'd be shocked if we don't get another one from Chelsea this season given the success of Da Silva, Gallagher and Maatsen. The fact they've probably got about 55 players ready to go out on loan helps of course. 
  • I had it on good authority our coaches were very pissed off when he left as he was a “bit special”. Like Jonjo levels of special.

hope he gets back on track 
  • Were Sarmiento and Crofts at Charlton at the same time?
  • Were Sarmiento and Crofts at Charlton at the same time?
    Yes but Sarmiento was only 14/15 at the time so might not have known each other.

The Sun are claiming he turned down Barca and Bayern.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15472308/jeremy-sarmiento-brighton-transfer-benfica/
  • Sage said:

I presume he's been offered a decent level of first team football to choose Brighton.