Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Article on last year's bonkers shenanigans in The Blizzard Issue 41

I have had the story of Charlton Athletic's 2020 ownership shenanigans published in the latest issue of Blizzard Magazine. It was quite a challenge to summarise the goings-on and cast of characters in around 5,000 words - I doubt I have done it full justice!! Anyone recognise themselves in the photo?

Blizzard is a well-established publication edited by Sunderland fan and football journalist/ writer Jonathan Wilson. It's available on annual subscription or you can buy an individual edition for £6 digital/ £12 printed:

https://theblizzard.co.uk/shop/issues/issue-forty-one/

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Did you use the words Chris Farnell, matt Southall and c*** in the same sentence
  • Ah, one of my buddies in London (not an Addick) had pinged me about this, I'd never heard of The Blizzard before, and assumed it must be Benjy again. My buddy enjoyed it. "Fascinating" was his description. Is Jonathan Wilson the guy who writes for the Guardian usually about international footie?
  • Proud of you ❤️
  • Brilliant work, Weegie :smile:
  • Excellent, well done W.A.
  • Ah, one of my buddies in London (not an Addick) had pinged me about this, I'd never heard of The Blizzard before, and assumed it must be Benjy again. My buddy enjoyed it. "Fascinating" was his description. Is Jonathan Wilson the guy who writes for the Guardian usually about international footie?
    Yes he is https://www.theguardian.com/profile/jonathanwilson
  • Thanks, all. Jonathan Wilson is a massive Sunderland fan. I submitted the article a few days after we beat them up there...so in a fit of pique he edited out what I thought was a good line referring to Bauer's Wembley winner ruining Netflix and Sunderland's happy documentary ending. Apart from that he's alright...

Good to hear your friend found it fascinating @PragueAddick - I was trying to write it for the uninitiated to bring the story and certain names to wider attention.  Surprised you didn't know The Blizzard - it's a bit of a hidden gem of long-form football writing, and is now owned by Wisden.
  • Love The Blizzard and was excited to see we had a piece coming out. Looking forward to reading it @Weegie Addick

Also, Jonathan Wilson is one of my favourite football journalists. 
  • Congratulations @Weegie Addick you are in great company writing for The Blizzard

Currently reading The Names Heard Long Ago by Jonathan Wilson 
  • My buddy sent it through, and several others in the group have now also given it the thumbs up, especially my Pompey buddy from Uni days, who saw the parallels with them.

The Blizzard looks good. But so does the Athletic, and I never seem to find the time to utilise my sub to it. I might buy this copy though. There is an article about Preussen Munster, which is a local team for the @MadGerman Addicks, although they support Moenchengladbach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Judging by the first page, that looks a great article, Weegie. I know the guy in the rat mask, it's my eldest. That picture is from the Brighton demo 23rd April 2016.  Here are a few more: