Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gascoine on MOTD2

Did anyone see him on the programme as a studio guest this evening?

Really good to see him looking so well and I thought he sounded great - I could even understand what he was saying!

He was clearly delighted to be on the show and involved with the game again, and said it was ''good'' for him after his recent troubles, which he talked about quite openly. Don't mind admitting it made me feel quite emotional. God bless, you Gazza. Stay well and keep smiling.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Glad to hear that Nigel. I always loved Gazza and was very perturbed by his downfall on a number of levels. Let's hope he can go from strength to strength going forward.
  • good to see him but I thought it was embarrassing and I felt really sorry for him. A couple of times he was mumbling away and Lee Dixson had to butt in to help out.
  • looked as if he was about to burst into tears for a split second after the montage of film clips of his past imo
  • it's a start on a long road to recovery. the world will be a better place with Gazza in it.

LEGEND END OF
  • He was on Soccer AM on saturday morning and was pretty funny
  • When they first said they had someone who played for both spurs and Newcastle on I thought it was going to be Ginola, so I was quite pleased when he turned up! It was good to see him, he needs to be kept busy and involved with football to keep control of his demons, so hopefully he will appear on the show again.
  • Was on top form on soccer am too although he went off topic and they had to bring him back he just went on about sporting chance and stuff still a legend tho spat my tea out with laughter when he said des walker used to catch pidgeons on his days off.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Was on top form on soccer am too although he went off topic and they had to bring him back he just went on about sporting chance and stuff still a legend tho spat my tea out with laughter when he said des walker used to catch pidgeons on his days off.

Yeah Soccer AM suits him though cos he can have a laugh, normal punditry doesn't because he's not a 'boring' type like Hansen, Shearer, Dixon etc.
  • I thought it was superb to see him after the total hell he's been through. He did seem to go on a bit at times but the comments were always relevant and he contributed to the show. Glad to see you so well Gazza.
  • I saw Soccer AM and MOTD2 and I all things considered I think he came across really well. He looks atrocious but it shows how much he's abused himself. I thought both shows treated him really well and sensibly, I was really worried that the Soccer AM mob might get him to behave like a circus chimp which would've been the last thing he needed but they didn't so fair play to them.

He's obviously still held in massively high esteem in football, yet again he's been thrown a major lifeline by the football world and I just hope he takes it this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Gazza is mumbling incoherently and looks dazed and confused? Excellent, sounds like he's well on his way to a full recovery.
  • Take a bow

I saw MOTD2 and when they said he was on I did wonder what state he would be in-

Brilliant to see him looking so well..
  • He looked much much better than he did but still looked much older than his age.

Good that he was talking about his problems but I felt that all the jokes and wise cracks (on Soccer AM especially) maybe tells you that he's not really come to terms with it all or how serious it was/is and just how badly he treated other people.

As AFKA said in the Lib George Best used to tell jokes about his drinking when he was sober. Hope Paul doesn't got the same way.
  • I thought it was good to see him and it sounds like people are giving him the help he needs to get back on his feet. Alright, he wasn't always totally coherent, but he did make some good footballing points I thought, so it wasn't an act of charity, he contributed well.

Good luck Gazza - its good to have you back.
  • I turned on Soccer AM when they were showing goals etc and do you know what I thought? I thought he had died and they were showing his goals in memory etc - how sad is that my first thought was that?

Glad to see him looking welll though.
  • Glad everyone feels so positive about him. When I started the thread, I thought I might get shot down in flames !

Above all, he came across as someone who wants to get better and to be well again. That's half the battle won, IMO...
  • Great to see him back. I really hope he's turned the corner. My worry for him is the company he tended to keep. If he can stay clear of all the freeloading p*ss heads he used to hang around with, he got half a chance.