Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Banned Spitfire ale adverts.

Comments

• think the german references are fine a tad Stan Boradman tho for my taste but bit close to the mark with gay comments i can see why that would be banned tho, if you name a beer spitfire you would expect a certain amount of world war 2 references but the bandits advert bit to far.
  • Think the whole campaign has been excellent.

Spitfire10.jpg
  • I like the "Not for Wagners, Schlossers and Kuntz" one made me chuckle!
  • Do the Germans have a beer called doddlebug?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I like the "Not for Wagners, Schlossers and Kuntz" one made me chuckle!

And me, Dazzler, lol

Schloss is the German word for castle, so Schlossers means those that live in castles ... ?
    Richard Wagner was the German opera composer
    Kuntz is the German for art.

Made me really laugh .... brilliant play on German words!
  • Auality adverts, i love the schlossers one too!! Kuntz
  • Fantastic advertising the people banning them show what is wrong with this country
  • Apparently the Bishops Finger ads have been banned too due to being near the mark.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apparently the Bishops Finger ads have been banned too due to being near the mark.

tastes like choirboys allegedly... ;-)
  • Agree it`s quite funny but that doesn`t make it acceptable.
  • Yeah it does, its funny!!
  • Got all the beer mats with the ads that were not banned on the wall in Floyd's. My favourite is picture of a fat bloke with a stupid cocktail next to the words "Stupid Boy..."
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Got all the beer mats with the ads that were not banned on the wall in Floyd's. My favourite is picture of a fat bloke with a stupid cocktail next to the words "Stupid Boy..."

Here it is:

STUPIDBOY.bmp
  • i knew that picture would come back to haunt me... ;-)
  • And another

REARGUN.bmp
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Agree it`s quite funny but that doesn`t make it acceptable.

what is un acceptable in the advert??
  • The PC brigade rule.
    Grey minded, grey faced, grey suited amoebas.

We know who are the real Schlossers.
    What were they expecting, a complaint from Berlin?
  • Were the advertisements actually banned or is the alleged banning a marketing tactic?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Were the advertisements actually banned or is the alleged banning a marketing tactic?

The ones here, I believe were actually released and used. The website states they were banned from the tube...

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/advertising/wallpaper/index.htm
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Agree it`s quite funny but that doesn`t make it acceptable.

what is un acceptable in the advert??

If you can`t see that some people might think the adverts unacceptable then I doubt my explaining would help.
  • Would some people really believe that perfectly acceptable everyday German words contain innuendo in the minds of British society ....... ?

;o)
  • 'Would some people really believe that perfectly acceptable everyday German words contain innuendo in the minds of British society ....... ?'

Spike Milligan got at least three books out of it! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]'Would some people really believe that perfectly acceptable everyday German words contain innuendo in the minds of British society ....... ?'

Spike Milligan got at least three books out of it! :-)

And Stan Boardman an entire career...
  • Charlton fans heading for the ausfahrt early tonight!
  • [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Charlton fans heading for the ausfahrt early tonight!

Ausfaht ..... is that the German word for shitting yourself at 2-1 up with 2 minutes left ..... ?

;o)
  • The General was full of bar mats, beer mats with those ads on. People were robbing them and the old landlord just kept them coming.

Been about since at least 2005 I'm pretty sure they have been about a lot longer too in Sheps pubs
  • I brought mine with me when we moved over here in 2003.
  • [cite]Posted By: Schlosseraddick[/cite]I brought mine with me when we moved over here in 2003.

You don't know any Wagner or Kuntz, then ..... ?

;o)