Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Memorial for Seb Lewis - pictures p2

Comments

• Unbelievable  achievement in 12 hours :) Great news.
  • Are they taking any more donations.....or have I missed the opportunity?
  • Yeah , great news.
  • Are they taking any more donations.....or have I missed the opportunity?
    Thanks, but we've hit the target (and have a bit to spare if unexpected costs arise) so we've closed the appeal. 
  • Very encouraging. Light years from RD and KM. 
  • Fantastic stuff everyone.
  • Very refreshing to read this.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m so pleased Pierre’s memorial is being discussed 🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    The Garden has been discussed for a while now but hopeful that something will be in place by early August.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I’m so pleased Pierre’s memorial is being discussed 🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    The Garden has been discussed for a while now but hopeful that something will be in place by early August.
    That’s just magnificent.
    Thank you so much 🙏🏻❤️
  • Good work.  I will be missing the first game of the season sadly but hope there is a huge chant that goes up for Seb Lewis.

Is anything planned, even simply a clap/chant in the 10th or 74th minute (or both) after his 1,074 consecutive games. This is the first game with a proper crowd since he left us after all.
  • 100% there will be a ‘there’s only 1 Sebby Lewis’ chant.
  • 100% there will be a ‘there’s only 1 Sebby Lewis’ chant.
    And it will be so emotional 
    Sure will Paulie. Hope you’re well mate.
  • BDL said:
    Good to see the memorial is going to be unveiled at the Pompey game, what isn't good is the lad who started off the fundraiser, Brogue Stevens, and has done lots of the work won't be there.

Stupidly he threw a flare on to the pitch and got a banning order for it, that was four years ago. Now, acording to his last tweet, the police are saying they won't allow him to attend. So come on Plod, the lad has done well, to have started the fund and not be allowed to attend is a little over zealous in my opinion. OK, he might not be allowed in to the game, but at least let him be present to see the fruition of the work he started to remember someone we all miss very much at the Valley.
    Out of interest how long was the banning order?
  • edited September 2021
    BDL said:
    Good to see the memorial is going to be unveiled at the Pompey game, what isn't good is the lad who started off the fundraiser, Brogue Stevens, and has done lots of the work won't be there.

Stupidly he threw a flare on to the pitch and got a banning order for it, that was four years ago. Now, acording to his last tweet, the police are saying they won't allow him to attend. So come on Plod, the lad has done well, to have started the fund and not be allowed to attend is a little over zealous in my opinion. OK, he might not be allowed in to the game, but at least let him be present to see the fruition of the work he started to remember someone we all miss very much at the Valley.
    5 years, https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/fan-banned-for-smoke-grenade-133662/

TBF to the police, it's a court order so they have no power to over turn it (and of course nor do the club)
  • Sponsored links:

• Threw a smoke bomb on the pitch and had an offensive weapon.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    BDL said:

5 years, https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/fan-banned-for-smoke-grenade-133662/

TBF to the police, it's a court order so they have no power to over turn it (and of course nor do the club)
    Have no knowledge of the person but based on that difficult to make  the case I suspect. 
  • What are the terms of the banning order? Not allowed inside any football ground, or within x yards of one on matchdays?
  • I'm sure we can organise some sort of virtual presence for him on the day
  • I knew i was right to hang on to my flares! 😉
  • T_C_E said:
    I knew i was right to hang on to my flares! 😉
    About the only time you saw it last Saturday.
  • I don’t condone what Brogue did in any way, we have all done things we regret. It’s a real shame he can’t be there and I appreciate that the club cannot do anything. I’m glad the trust will make sure he has a virtual presence and that people know that he started this off for Seb.
  • Can someone get a pic of this today and post it please. Would love to see it and not at the game. Thanks