Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Massage guns

A gimmick or well worth the investment?  If the latter any recommendations?

Tore my calf last weekend and want to rehab it properly and just for general use after running/ football and gym.

Seem to have taken off lately but just wonder if anyone uses them/ has done and whether they recommend them or just a gimmick.

Cheers

Comments

• Yep, definitely worth it. And I work as a massage therapist! There are certain areas it won’t fully reach (👀), hence the reason that I still have a job…
  • Thanks Rylo.  Any recommendations as there seems to be a lot of choice/ any sort of price range that I'll get something decent without breaking the bank?
  • Deffo worth it. I have one it has done wonders for little niggles and aches. Good for recovery too. 
  • Thanks Rylo.  Any recommendations as there seems to be a lot of choice/ any sort of price range that I'll get something decent without breaking the bank?
    Theragun are a great brand and you can’t really go wrong there, however there are many decent options out there now so you don’t have to pay mega money for something that does a very similar job. 

Alternatives are the Renpho brand which are decent, and also Pulseroll do a really good travel sized gun that works really well. I have a Hypervolt Hyperice which was one of the first brands available and it’s good but expensive, and also a Pulseroll Percussion for mobile massage clients. Excellent for the money. 

If you wanted something reasonably priced I’d go for the full sized Renpho (currently reduced on a well know home delivery shopping site), or if you needed a travel sized option the Pulseroll Percussion or Theragun Mini. 
  • edited September 2021
    Worth it 100%

When I can be bothered to get it out! 

Has to become part of your routine on undamaged tissue, using it on damaged tissue will cause discomfort and potentially be more damaging. 

Don't bother with branded ones as they're allegedly no better than more budget friendly options.

My physio used a proper theragun on my quad and then reccomended me this one (or an identical one). His words - "does the same job, just don't use the max setting too long or often".

Just make sure you choose a well reviewed one.
  • cafc999 said:
    Deffo worth it. I have one it has done wonders for little niggles and aches. Good for recovery too. 
    Is that the new nickname for Charlton's Manager?