Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good news at last for Bury FC

Great to hear that Bury's Gigg Lane now appears to be back in the hands of the supporters and local benefactors. 

Hope to see them back where they belong soon. 

Comments

• Great news
  • Great news for them.
  • Lets hope so. However that fanbase was riven by tribal fan politics, The question for me is will they come together and bring Bury AFC back to Gigg Lane. It’s not a given…
  • Excellent. I hope they can get it sorted quickly. Is this period of exclusivity related to ACV status? If so, what's the latest with The Valley, do we still have this?
  • Well worth the fiver. Thank you!
  • edited November 2021
    afc bury were c***s allegedly and divided the fanbase. this is the best outcome 
  • edited November 2021
    afc bury were c***s allegedly and divided the fanbase. this is the best outcome 
    Thats a bit over the top, when there’s a BBC 3 documentary out there which shows the opposite. 

And its exactly the sort of tribalism that makes so many fanbases useless at protecting their clubs.

• Sponsored links:

• Seems all very messy now what with the split supporters groups - One seems to have focused on establishing itself back into the League ASAP - the other has focused on getting the initial club / ground back.

Hope the two are eventually able to just combine into the one - There are already a large number of clubs that are well supported in the region, feel they'll just hamstring themselves if they continue this split. 
  • Brilliant news and just shows the power of the fans.
  • Seems all very messy now what with the split supporters groups - One seems to have focused on establishing itself back into the League ASAP - the other has focused on getting the initial club / ground back.

Hope the two are eventually able to just combine into the one - There are already a large number of clubs that are well supported in the region, feel they'll just hamstring themselves if they continue this split. 
    Yeah, I hope so. You'd think that they'd be able to bury the hatchet.
  • edited August 2022
    Good news... Its a bit of coincidence this thread, as only the other day was looking on Wiki to see the latest on the two entities.
  • Apparently the merger doc has been contributed to by both sides and so should go through.  There's a 'small minority' that don't want to merge but not nearly enough to stop it.
  • Apparently the merger doc has been contributed to by both sides and so should go through.  There's a 'small minority' that don't want to merge but not nearly enough to stop it.
    Christ almighty... Who wouldnt want them to merge!!

Two clubs in a town like that, with so many other teams around, they'll never get back to the Football League
  • Sponsored links:

• Fingers crossed they can return to the Football league soon. Great news this and proof that fans and their egos can sort it in the end. 

Two clubs in a town like that, with so many other teams around, they'll never get back to the Football League
    You should check out the BBC3 documentary for an insightful answer to that question. Watching footage of some of the public meetings of fans - all at the time we were starting on the Dossier and trying to get national journos engaged with a national story - left me in despair. I know the Trust tried to reach out to Bury fans as well, and retreated sharpish when they found they’d walked into a minor civil war. 

All of which means I am really pleasantly surprised by this news. Whichever of the people on both sides who  finally sat down with each other and said “you know what, Stronger Together”, have a big future as negotiators in military conflicts.  ;)

You should check out the BBC3 documentary for an insightful answer to that question. Watching footage of some of the public meetings of fans - all at the time we were starting on the Dossier and trying to get national journos engaged with a national story - left me in despair. I know the Trust tried to reach out to Bury fans as well, and retreated sharpish when they found they’d walked into a minor civil war. 

All of which means I am really pleasantly surprised by this news. Whichever of the people on both sides who  finally sat down with each other and said “you know what, Stronger Together”, have a big future as negotiators in military conflicts.  ;)
    That doesnt surprise me... One half has the Ground, one half has the established club, especially as AFC Bury won promotion last season so will be higher than any new Bury team next season - Imagine too that there is some willy waving going on, especially between the two sets over those who stayed and fought, against those who got on and created the phoenix club.

Football Supporter egos at their finest no doubt.