Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morecambe away 23/11/21 advance train tickets

This one is not cheap and means an overnight stop.
There are two trains an hour from Euston to Lancaster, taking either 2 1/2 hours or 3 1/2 hours.  Likewise for the return journey the following day.  Trains between Lancaster and Morecambe are plentiful and take 10 minutes.
Avanti West Coast and Ticket Splitter are the options to purchase tickets, the cheapest fare before a railcard discount is £70.
The ground is a 20 minutes walk from the station.

Comments

• Wouldn’t let me book tickets for morecambe as part of an advance ticket so just booked to Lancaster and back.  Probably cheaper to cab it if there’s four of you from Lancaster to morecambe.
  • A Tuesday night in Morecambe. This is one where you earn your away day stripes I think. 
  • Croydon said:
    A Tuesday night in Morecambe. This is one where you earn your away day stripes I think. 
    We'll have a few there, loads who want to tick this with Charlton.
  • The coach from Larkfield leaves in 10 minutes 
    It's broke down in West Malling.
  • If was a weekend would of done it but due to starting a new job can’t take the time off I like others would of liked to of ticked it off 
  • Played on Christie Park, Globe and Lancaster's Giant Axe.  Not much near the ground, drink in Lancaster and cab it or on Morecambe front. Those with money to burn can stay in the Midland hotel on the front.
  • edited September 2021
    Played on Christie Park, Globe and Lancaster's Giant Axe.  Not much near the ground, drink in Lancaster and cab it or on Morecambe front. Those with money to burn can stay in the Midland hotel on the front.
    lol .. a night in the Midland will cost you around £250, AND they have trouble with the water pressure .. 1 night in the T/Lodge will set you back about £60 .. there is a pub 50 yards from the Morecambe ground with a (smallish) car park .. though I suspect this pub is only for locals .. parking near the ground will be a problem, but I know the more experienced and innovative away dayers will find a spot somewhere. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Played on Christie Park, Globe and Lancaster's Giant Axe.  Not much near the ground, drink in Lancaster and cab it or on Morecambe front. Those with money to burn can stay in the Midland hotel on the front.
    Ha yes I stayed there about 25 years ago before it was redone, what a fabulous example of a tired awful British hotel. Old fashioned phone exchange with thousands of wires, a drinks waiter in his slippers, everything falling apart. The final part of that description now doesn't apply to the hotel, but does to me. Fair play to everyone going. 
  • A 20 minute walk from the station or a bus from the station will drop you outside the ground.
  • Booked a couple of nights in The Midland. Always wanted to stay there. God knows how much they charge in the summer! 
  • I’ve booked in at the Wagon & Horses on the front. Think I’ll drive.
  • gutted this one is midweek 
  • The most important concern about going to Morecambe - do they still produce a programme ? !!
  • gutted this one is midweek 
    Take the 2 days off work.
    You only live once
  • All sorted.
  • I'm half tempted to go to Morecambe. I don't know if it would be a Wise decision though
  • I'm half tempted to go to Morecambe. I don't know if it would be a Wise decision though
    Perhaps it will bring you sunshine.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve booked in at the Wagon & Horses on the front. Think I’ll drive.
    Thought I'd take a look. The only Wagon & Horses I could find was in Lancaster! Have I been wooshed?