Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Employment scrapheap - here I come!

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Just been told I am potentially redundant in 4 months

Feel thoroughly shitty

Exchanging on new house this week! Now I'm scared

Comments

• Join the club, the god thing is that you have lots of support on here and advice. Good luck.
  • Ouch ! Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out well.
  • Thinking about you mate, waiting to hear myself. Its Fecking horrible!
  • Bad news but firms have to put a whole range of staff on warning so you may not be out.

Still not a nice feeling as I know and hanging around for 4 months make it worse.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Bad news but firms have to put a whole range of staff on warning so you may not be out.

Still not a nice feeling as I know and hanging around for 4 months make it worse.

Your not wrong Henry, but taking the pi55 out of my management today after they spent the last two months bigging up the Toyota f1 team hasn't helped. But you've got get your laughs where you can. :) cheating B******s
  • sorry to hear that mate, fingers crossed for you
  • Good luck mate, hope it works out for you.
  • Yes, good luck mate, Thats awful news. What type of work do you do ?
  • Feel for you mate. Same scenario for me last week.
    Hope things work out ok for you.
  • Cheers guys.

Work in IT doing Oracle financials support and implementations. Done plenty of end user training in my time too and I enjoy that

To be honest I see it as the kick up the arse I needed to get out after 12.5 years service and I've not been happy for a long time

Timing sucks though with new house purchase going through this week but I guess everything happens for a reason....

Anyone on here in recruitment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Given what you've said about the length of service, you should hopefully be alright for the payout - might even be worth taking voluntary if it's offered!

Jobs-wise - Charlton Dan is your man for IT roles.
  • Payout is ok - equivalent to 7 months money so can't grumble - just hope I can get something sorted so I can keep that little nest egg for a rainy day
    When you've been at a company for so long, practically all my working life, you get to thinking you only know their way of doing things and you feel unemployable to anyone else
  • Guys,

See my other post

Link
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Just been told I am potentially redundant in 4 months

Feel thoroughly shitty

Bad luck and I hope the bullet goes elsewhere, but forewarned is forearmed, brush your CV off start looking and be prepared.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Just been told I am potentially redundant in 4 months

Feel thoroughly shitty

Bad luck and I hope the bullet goes elsewhere, but forewarned is forearmed, brush your CV off start looking and be prepared.

I think its safe to say I'm a goner - they are saying there is only enough work for 3 out of the 4 of us. But I am the only one they have spoken to!! I earn more than my peers because of project work I was on previously so I guess my time has come

Really looking forward to getting on to a new role and into a new place with new colleagues. Hoping to come back to London as, having worked locally for 7 years now, I feel I am ready for a new challenge. Scary and exciting all at the same time
  • you can train to teach in a year, less if its maths i believe (6 months), but for secondary you need a national cirriculum relevant degree, lots of fast tracks and some golden hand shakes too I believe.
  • Good luck in finding a new role mate,

Out of interest, does anyone on here recruit for the banking sector??
  • Just heard from Ginge he has had his hours cut

Not looking good
  • Confirmation received that my 30 day consultation period is up and I am officially being made redundant.

3 months notice to work but I am trying all I can to get garden leave for much of this.

Had first interview on Monday and that was tough going.....this is not going to be pretty!
  • sorry to hear that Swisdom. Good luck with the search!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear that, good luck in finding something.
  • Sorry to hear that.

I was speaking to a client this week and they are recruiting to 68 posts. It's an Housing Association and it's in Outer East London but if you, or anyone else is interested then whisper me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Confirmation received that my 30 day consultation period is up and I am officially being made redundant.

3 months notice to work but I am trying all I can to get garden leave for much of this.

Had first interview on Monday and that was tough going.....this is not going to be pretty!

Sorry to hear that Swisdom, good luck with your search. Our 30 days were up on the 20th and still haven't heard anything! I think its time to phone a brief.
  • If anyone needs any help please whisper me and I'll see what I can do
  • At least my company had the decency to confirm the consultation period is a waste of everyones time.

Had an interview with an agency on Monday - gruelling but thats to be expected!

Hopefully I can get my golf swing fine tuned in between interviews etc
  • Not nice, Swizzo .

Best of luck, mate.