Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scanner/Printer

Anyone know of a A3 scanner/printer around £300.I have looked on Google and most of them are silly money.

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Hp office jet pro on Amazon for £173 - EDIT- this is a dot matrix printer, not inkjet, so would not recommend, sorry!!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073FJ3B77/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_FRT8HB5YY84ZST7C8J8E

Alternatively the local library will very likely have such a machine you can use or maybe high street computer shop if you can find one.
  • edited November 2021
    You can pick up an Epson workforce reasonably cheap on ebay. If possible get one close by you can pick up as any not new inkjet may have clogged heads. I'lI always reccommend Epsons as they have their own metal print heads and are great to use with third party cartridges that are very cheap, again on Ebay. My Epson has been working reliably for 5 years on these cartridges.  

When you get an inkjet, always try to use it every couple of weeks. Even if it is to do a nozzle check as they can get clogged up if not used. And don't do any updates. 
  • I can recommend the HP Officejet 7740.
  • Hex said:
    I can recommend the HP Officejet 7740.

Agree. Had one for a few years now very reliable and does what it says on the tin.
  • @Derek1952, If I were you I would seriously question my need for an A3 printer. How often would you need it? Could you get better value from an A4 printer and save some cash for occasional print runs from a professional printer?
  • You can print up to A3 so you get options A4/A3 whatever.

You can only scan up to A4 though.

Gets really good reviews, I bought one recently but only because I had some vouchers that were about to expire. I haven't set it up yet so can't comment on quality but maybe worth a look ?

Took me a while to get one as shops were always out of stock eventually got one from Argos.

Epson logo

Epson Expression Photo XP-970 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer

• Home Delivery
    •  
    • Awaiting stock - available to order
    • Product code: 5364099

£229.00

• Print up to a A3 Size
    • Scan and Copy up to a A4 size
    • Wi-fi and Wi-fi Direct
    • Easy mobile printing
    • Dual paper trays
  • You can print up to A3 so you get options A4/A3 whatever.

You can only scan up to A4 though.

Gets really good reviews, I bought one recently but only because I had some vouchers that were about to expire. I haven't set it up yet so can't comment on quality but maybe worth a look ?

Took me a while to get one as shops were always out of stock eventually got one from Argos.

Epson logo

Epson Expression Photo XP-970 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer

• Home Delivery
    •  
    • Awaiting stock - available to order
    • Product code: 5364099

£229.00

• Print up to a A3 Size
    • Scan and Copy up to a A4 size
    • Wi-fi and Wi-fi Direct
    • Easy mobile printing
    • Dual paper trays
    You can get 30 ink cartridges for this printer on ebay for £15 
  • Can I add, speaking as a professional photographer, you'd be better off using an online lab like DS Colour Labs rather than buy a cheap A3 printer.

I'd send all my work away for printing, so much more cost effective than owning your own.  Although a do have a B&W lazer for the admin/business side of things.
  • edited November 2021
    That is a good point. I use a cheap epson A4 printer but not for professional printing. Just day to day printing like envelopes, letters etc,,, Also useful for copying and scanning of course and with non oem print cartridges, it costs virtually nothing to run.