Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raul Jimenez: Code Red

Heart warming programme showing the human side of sport. Painful viewing with the best possible outcome. Lots of people including the Doctor, the Physio, the Manager and the Captain and his family come our with total respect. Remarkable, nevertheless, that he is back playing. 

It's available on BBC iplayer and Sky on Demand

Comments

• Options
    I wonder how the Will Pucovski situation compares. Must be a difficult hurdle, knowing the next clonk on the head could be retirement or worse 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I wonder how the Will Pucovski situation compares. Must be a difficult hurdle, knowing the next clonk on the head could be retirement or worse 
    The difference is that Jimenez was allowed to gradually work his way into a situation where he could head a ball and jump for it without fear. It was a freak situation that, thankfully, rarely happens.

Pucovski's issues are much more deeper rooted. His utterly flawed technique and lack of a plan have resulted in at least 10 instances of concussion. That suggests that he has been hit hundreds of times on his body. He does not watch the ball and takes evasive action in situations where he should be hitting it meaning that he, inevitably, ends up being struck. Every fast bowler knows his weakness and will target it. I honestly don't know where he goes from here because his muscle memory and technique appears to be so far ingrained that. mentally, he is struggling to find a way out. It's now become, I suspect, a self fulfilling prophecy that he will be hit. I hope I'm wrong.