Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tips of the Day

edited August 2006 in Troubleshooting
Tip 1
I'm seeing a lot of code in people's posts when attempting to quote text and I assume everyone else is seeing it too.

When using code (ie quoting), you must select the "Format comments as: BBCode", just above the "Start your discussion" button. When you first post with the BBCode as your selected option, you will also get a text format/insert link bar and your preference for BBCode will be remembered. (you can then colour and bold text, for example)

BBCode is just an easy to remember, easy to type way of coding for web browsers, by the way.

Now if indeed everyone is doing that, I'll look into why it's not rendering the code as it should.

Tip 2

It's mentioned elsewhere, but you can choose a different Style Sheet (or look for the Forum) by going to Account, and selecting Change Stylesheet. As of rightnow, there are only a couple, one of which is a plain jane for those who value discreetness whilst at work. In time, we'll have ones with cult players and various themes, and you're always welcome to make up your own if you have the skills.

Tip 3

Once logged in, you will see your own control panel on the left of the screen. There you can find all kinds of handy things, like bookmarks and saved searches. Any discussion can be bookmarked, by simply going to said discussion and choosing bookmark from the control panel. All searches can be saved and run again at any time to acheive the latest results. Just run a search and choose the save search option. This might be useful if, for example, you want to find who's been talking about you: Search Comments for your username. Or if you want a list of users, just run a blank search for Users and it will return all.

Comments

• Why do I keep getting an Ajax request thing up when I type a name into the whisper box?
  • Because, it attempts to find the username you want as you type. I think the thinking there is because of the nature of private messages, where you wouldn't want to make a typo, nor would sending a whisper to the wrong person with a similar name etc. or an invalid username make sense. Think you can press tab or select the username with the mouse to get rid (if you mean that it is sticking).
  • So what's with all those silly quotes that don't work then lookie?
  • I cant seem to quote from a previous page, ie. the post I want to quote from is on page 4 of the thread and we are now on page 7, I click quote then go to page 7 to put my input in and the comments box is blank.
  • why dont my lottery numbers come up ?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I cant seem to quote from a previous page, ie. the post I want to quote from is on page 4 of the thread and we are now on page 7, I click quote then go to page 7 to put my input in and the comments box is blank.

you can only quote from the same page. Only way around it is to copy the text you want to quote, hit quote on any post on the last page, paste over the text and overwrite the user name to who it was. Bit long-winded
  • yes cos im sure curbey is fed up with private whispers from tavern asking whats for dinner.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes cos im sure curbey is fed up with private whispers from tavern asking whats for dinner.
    lol
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I cant seem to quote from a previous page, ie. the post I want to quote from is on page 4 of the thread and we are now on page 7, I click quote then go to page 7 to put my input in and the comments box is blank.

you can only quote from the same page. Only way around it is to copy the text you want to quote, hit quote on any post on the last page, paste over the text and overwrite the user name to who it was. Bit long-winded

it's what i do from time to time!
  • edited May 2009
    I cant seem to be able to up load pictures, gifs and links to you tube clips.. any help most welcomed... ;-)

a-japanese-funny-photographers-0.jpg