Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fssui.exe

edited May 2009 in Troubleshooting
Soemthing keeps adding this bloody thing - Family Safety Software - to my startup list:
"C:/Program Files\Windows Live\Family Safety\fssui.exe" -autorun

I Ihave deinstalled the whole of Windows Live now and keep removing fssui from the MSCONFIG startup list, but it just keeps on bouncing back - ay ideas on how to get rid of the bugger gratefully received!

Comments

• try hijack this or avg, they may recognize it as dodgy and delete it
  • Blow up your computer.
  • It's the Phil Parkinson executable file.

Sorry, there's no way to get rid of it.

;o)
  • Try this site for info etc

fssui
  • AllI know is the letters exe are NOT a good thing to see on your screen!!!!!!
    Avoid like the pague is what I've been told...unless of course you know what you're doing....which I most certainly don't!!
  • Many essential files are executable files (.exe) ..... so don't just go round deleting .exe without carefully checking first.

The problem with .exe files is that they can easily carry virus.
  • call tech support:

7115602_zrbvad081124090638.jpg
  • That is VERY fooking funny adam!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]try hijack this or avg, they may recognize it as dodgy and delete it
    thanks, think I am going to have to go down that route when I can find the time of course!

also anyone have any thoughts on why itunes in the last few days is taking about half an hour to start up and keeps on freezing (not responding)?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's the Phil Parkinson executable file.

Sorry, there's no way to get rid of it.

;o)
    :-)

Your PC will have just run it a few times, judged it on performance and then installed it automatically without consulting with you first. You'll probably find that some users believe there has been an improvement in performance, although statistically this will not be the case.
  • Try Revo Uninstaller?