Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boris Becker guilty of four charges under Insolvency Act, faces possible imprisonment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61043018

Ex-tennis star Boris Becker has been found guilty of four charges under the Insolvency Act relating to his 2017 bankruptcy.
The former world number one was accused of hiding millions of pounds worth of assets to avoid paying his debts.
He could face a jail sentence carrying a maximum term of seven years for each count.

Comments

• Options
    The gaol sentence thing is bollocks and press sensationalism at work.  It made me laugh. It is the maximum sentence available to the Court. It would only be handed down to someone with previous.  Less than 25% of such offences result in an immediate custodial sentence. My guess would be 12 months suspended for each offence, concurrent.
  • Options
    When Boris was told he would be going to court, did he bring his tennis racket?
  • Options
    I hope the BBC don't employ him for Wimbledon this year - if he's 'available'
  • Options
    He might get away with it if he gives the Judge a backhander.
  • Options
    Whatever his sentence, he’ll have to serve it.
    Love this.
  • Options
    Will he end up in the slammer?
  • Options
    Game set and match..
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    My favourite Boris.
    Shocking that a guy who is a German and Ginger is treated so poorly because of financial advice that said hide your money in a broom cupboard. Unfortunately when he got to the Broom cupboard there was another temptation to deal with.

Becker should be sentenced to teaching kids tennis in UK Schools; He may prefer prison. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was once mistaken for Becker, few years ago mind you, on the piss in London not playing tennis I might add. 
  • Options
    Was once mistaken for Becker, few years ago mind you, on the piss in London not playing tennis I might add. 
    I imagine it came as quite a shock when a gorgeous model dragged you into a broom cupboard
  • Options
    He’s out 🙂
  • Options
    He’s out 🙂
    advantage ..  Becker 
  • Options
    reported that he'll be deported .. (nice little rhyme lol)
  • Options
    Where to? Rwanda?
  • Options
    Back to Germany. 
  • Options
    Where to? Rwanda?
    Yep, The Rwanda Open.
  • Options
    He’s out 🙂
    advantage ..  Becker 
    Deuce.
  • Options
    Need balls please for Boris