Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Next manager of Orient/Gillingham/Wimbledon.

Will draw us in the cup at the Valley, beat us 2 nil with a 3-5-2 formation and then moon the Covered End.
    Uh oh
  • It will do our JJ some good to be out of the Charlton circus and be somewhere fresh, we’ll see him back in a dugout at The Valley one day that is for sure.

12 years at Cafc ( you get out quicker for murder) and it will give JJ a new journey and hungry players, pleased to be earning 1k a week. (Anyone know ?)
    Jason Pearce may well be on less money even if he is a player and does coaching at Wimbledon. 

Football folk know it nothing personal when being released and many players have had that happen to them in their careers. I have seen and heard some irate dad's of academy player venting angry even years after. 
  • edited May 2022
    Good luck to him.  I am unconvinced he has what it takes based on the 6 months he had with us, but appreciate the limitations of the team he had at his disposal.  

50/50 as to whether he can make it as a manager 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    Tough gig as they won't be challenging for promotion next season. Few years in League Two might not be the best on the CV.
    Without knowing much about their situation, how come?
    Mate of mine is a womble and doesn't think they've got the money needed to do the overhaul they need in their squad. Seemed pretty resigned to staying in the division regardless of who took over.
  • shirty5 said:
    Although I am not a fan of 352 wasn't  Jackson's win record the best in Charlton  History. 

Must be something other than playing style and results factor overall. 

I wonder what.

Johnnie Jackson won 17 out of 30 League  matches in the two spells he was in charge.
    % win rate #cafc under Sandgaard up to 30/4/2022

League games only

Bowyer: 42% - 14/33
    Adkins: 30% - 7/23
    Jackson: 47%  - 16/34
    = shit average players to me!
  • Richard J said:
    Iirc Mike Bailey had the best win ratio for Charlton managers. 

His only full season resulted in a promotion and I always wonder what might have been had he not decamped to Brighton. 
    I think he did a fantastic job. However he did himself a big favour jumping ship to Brighton. At that time I was surprised/astonished to learn there was rumblings of discontent against him at board level.       
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Terry Skiverton has joined him @ Wimbledon... So much for Sandgaard doing it on the cheap

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2022/may/new-manager-appointed/
  • edited May 2022
    Didn't feel comfortable watching the video till the end, just don't seem right seeing him at another club...that being said, wish him all the best, and hopefully we will meet sometime at The Valley...good luck Jacko..
    Wimbledon, you have got a goodun there...
  • christ that stadium is shit 
  • Best of luck JJ.
  • Does feel very weird, and hopefully he goes on to do well! 

He’ll do well having had no link to the AFCW, and less pressure! 

Would love to hear whether he’d still consider himself as a Charlton man, and if he’d come back to manage us one day should he be successful!? 

However, I do feel he will sink into somewhat obscurity (Ala mark kinsella after he stopped coaching with us) and sticks around the depths of English football
  • Sponsored links:

• christ that stadium is shit 
    Seen worse, squire
  • Good luck to JJ
  • edited May 2022
    christ that stadium is shit 
    View was terrible from the side of the pitch if you’re near the front. The concourse is decent though. 

Ground is fairly near me, and I might go the the odd game if Charlton aren’t playing, as a mate is a season ticket holder. But I don’t like them. 
  • I'm pleased for JJ.
    He didn't want to go back as an assistant.
    I wonder what the realistic ambition is for a club like Wimbledon in 2022. No crazy gang in this reincarnation. A local club where many folk have worked hard after the original was hijacked to get back home.
    Wish JJ well.
  • I'm pleased for JJ.
    I wonder what the realistic ambition is for a club like Wimbledon in 2022. No crazy gang in this reincarnation. A local club where many folk have worked hard after the original was hijacked to get back home.
    Wish JJ well.
    Bottom end of the Championship should be achievable long term you’d hope. Certainly has the fan base.
  • He’ll probably sign Washington.
  • Could Conor Washington end up there as well? 
  • He’ll probably sign Washington.
    I doubt it, nor Euell, nor Pearce.
  • I'm pleased for JJ.
    Wish JJ well.
    Bottom end of the Championship should be achievable long term you’d hope. Certainly has the fan base.
    Do they? 
  • Croydon said:
    I'm pleased for JJ.
    Wish JJ well.
    Do they? 
    In his opinion they do. Nothing wrong with that