Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth - Everything You Wanted to Know...

...But Were Afraid to ask Thread.

As I'm now back to being Bournemouth Addick if anyone needs any info or help on where to stay, what's on, etc give me shout and I'll do my best. For instance if you're coming down with the family for an overnighter try to make it down by 10:00pm at the latest as there's a (pretty good) fireworks display, food, music, entertainment, etc, every Friday at the pier.

Comments

• Cricket team i play for are based there for a 4days 20th-24th July.Playing in Ferndown,Fawley,Hinton,and Wimborne.I think were at the cliffeside hotel.
  • I quite liked your 'Lez Addeek' username.

Last night the Royal Oak closed down
    Today Lez Addeek becomes plain old BA.

I don't know, progress eh ... ?

;o)
  • Hi LA,sorry BA, Am a user of the "Up the Cherries" forum, and the guys on there are really helpful regarding places to stay,etc.
    Maybe an idea to join them (us).......they really are nice people.
    Even tho' they are lower down the Leagues than us, they don't moan 1/2 as much Lifers !!
  • I'm camping down near Wareham on the day, so was wondering if theres any direct links from Bournemouth to there, I know theres the train but that might be a bit expensive.
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I'm camping down near Wareham on the day, so was wondering if theres any direct links from Bournemouth to there, I know theres the train but that might be a bit expensive.

Seriously, Nathan do yourself a favour and get the train. You'll need to change at Poole and possibly again in Bournemouth and it's a fair old treck so you'll spend half the day on the bus getting there. Although there is an open top bus that goes right along the coast from Swanage and across the chain ferry if you fancy the scenic route.

If you're going straight to the game then Pokesdown station is the nearest one as the ground is in Boscombe not Bournemouth.
  • Do they still call themselves Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic or the naff 70's name AFC Bournemouth (so they could be first in the alphabetic list of League clubs) ....... ????

And do they still play at Dean Court, where I saw them for a Charlton away game in the 70's ?
  • Still @ Dean Court Oggy, tho now called the "Fitness First" Stadium.
  • The place where Tony Hancock was raised and went to school.
  • edited June 2009
    You can go direct from wareham to pokesdown just so you know :) Only takes half hour!
  • edited June 2009
    And I reckon if you priced it out (as Nathan wants to save a few quid) there wouldn't be much in it anyway if he got a ticket in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Hi LA,sorry BA, Am a user of the "Up the Cherries" forum, and the guys on there are really helpful regarding places to stay,etc.
    Maybe an idea to join them (us).......they really are nice people.
    Even tho' they are lower down the Leagues than us, they don't moan 1/2 as much Lifers !!

MOG, a pal of mine is a member of that board and said there'd been some 'cockney' found wandering around on there :-)

There's a few "wannabe's" that follow AFCB but on the whole they are a good bunch. They've been through the mill as much as anybody recently with their club's finances/ownership, etc and have dug deep in their own pockets on more than one occasion to bail it out.
  • Doesn't Bournemouth have one of the best crazy golf courses in the country?
  • Whatever happened to Tuctonia?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Still @ Dean Court Oggy, tho now called the "Fitness First" Stadium.

Cheers, Moggy. But it's called ..... what?
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Whatever happened to Tuctonia?

Long gone mate, as is the Pontins in Christchurch. Some swanky hotel now.
  • edited July 2009
    Some links that might be of help/interest...

Cherries local rag section

weather

Tourist info

buses
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]If you're going straight to the game then Pokesdown station is the nearest one as the ground is in Boscombe not Bournemouth.

We're driving from East Sussex and picking someone up from Southampton on the way. Either going to leave the car at Southampton and get the train from there to Pokesdown, or drive to Bournemouth. Not sure what will be best, guess it depends on the traffic and how the trains are running on the day.