Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Community Shield....

Just turned on ITV and seen this is on, was anyone else completely oblivious that football started again today ?

Comments

• It started yesterday with the League Cup!
  • much rather watch the boxing
  • Mike said:

much rather watch the boxing

forgot about that, back on BBC it goes :).

• edited August 2012
    Knew it'd be on somewhere but at 3.00p.m., thanks Shine. Recording it for later now as the BBQ's going well!
  • watching the boxing and modern penthalon today..not interested in the Community Shield....pity the FA couldn't have pushed it back until Olympics had finished....but then that's the FA for you!!
  • Hadn't a clue until just now! HT, Chelsea 1-0 up.
  • Looks weird being at Villa Park, too.
  • 1-1 Toure
  • Ashley Coles haircut is rubbish ... He looks a fool
  • 2-1 city Tevez
  • Sponsored links:

• Ashley Cole is a douche.
  • Was anyone watching the first half? Could have sworn I heard one set of fans singing something to the tune of WHUs blowing bubbles??
  • 3-2 Bertrand
  • Expect City to buy a back-up keeper very shortly!
  • Happy days, had a cheeky £10 on that.. always nice to start with a win :)
  • Never was that bothered. The final nail in the coffin for me watching it was when they changed it's name from Charity Shield - I don't know why but that signalled the end of me. That and the fact that it's always the same boring teams year after year.
  • The final nail in the coffin for me watching it was when they changed it's name from Charity Shield

IIRC the name change was down to very little of the proceeds ever going to charity.
  • The final nail in the coffin for me watching it was when they changed it's name from Charity Shield

IIRC the name change was down to very little of the proceeds ever going to charity.

Thanks for confirming what my suspicious mind had imagined BFR.

• I had no idea until a couple of days back. With the Olympics being on this Summer, the build up around the new season really has taken a backseat in the media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgot it was on but had no interest in it anyway. Too busy watching the boxing and Modern Pentathlon.
  • Did not realise it was today until just now but doubt i have watched it in 10 years, seems like a nonsense trophy especially now that the League and FA Cup are nearly always won by the same 4/5 teams each year.
  • Thread resurrection!!

Strange game today. Man City have seemed completely off their game. Particularly Kevin De Bruyne who looked distinctly ordinary.
    Hoping it’s just cobwebs and they find their form in the league. Can’t be having the Mickeys winning the prem.
  • Thread resurrection!!

Strange game today. Man City have seemed completely off their game. Particularly Kevin De Bruyne who looked distinctly ordinary.
    Hoping it’s just cobwebs and they find their form in the league. Can’t be having the Mickeys winning the prem.
    A bear called @lordromford goes into a pub.

The barman says "Why the long paws, you cowardly, keyboard warrior idiot?"

😉
  • Proper atmosphere for a charity shield game 
  • How was that a penalty?
    There was no malice or means of advantage in that.
    If that was outside the penalty area, no one old have gave a toss.
    Fuck modern day football.
  • edited July 2022
    Thread resurrection!!

😉
    Please explain this to me. I don’t understand it, so it obviously isn’t funny and must be a personal attack on me.
    🤪
  • Thread resurrection!!

😉
    Please explain this to me. I don’t understand it, so it obviously isn’t funny and must be a personal attack on me.
    🤪
    I'm glad you got it 🙂
  • ROTW said:
    How was that a penalty?
    There was no malice or means of advantage in that.
    If that was outside the penalty area, no one old have gave a toss.
    Fuck modern day football.
    A blatant handball