Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matchday parking near Anchor & Hope

Is there any residential parking around the Anchor & Hope (Derrick Gardens or Atlas Gardens for example) on matchdays, or is it all permit parking? Also, what is the state of play with parking on the retail park? Has all of it got anti-football 2 hour time limits? Looking for somewhere to park from roughly midday until after the game.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• When I go I use the parking first right on Anchor and hope lane £5 (last season) for as long as you need
  • MrLargo said:
    Is there any residential parking around the Anchor & Hope (Derrick Gardens or Atlas Gardens for example) on matchdays, or is it all permit parking? Also, what is the state of play with parking on the retail park? Has all of it got anti-football 2 hour time limits? Looking for somewhere to park from roughly midday until after the game.

Thanks in advance.
    Greenwich Council has taken back parking control and wardens are more active in the area.

There are spaces in Anchor & Hope Lane without yellow lines. They fill up by 1pm.

I was surprised to see a warden giving out tickets in Cemetery Lane one Saturday. The spaces are time limited but previously considered safe.

The M&S/Sainsburys car park has cameras and time limit signing to warn that match days are restricted.
  • Lombard Wall (opposite Asda) off Bugsbys Way is normally okay.
  • edited August 2022
    Fucking hate parking around the Valley. Recognised parking spaces have planks of wood/traffic cones blocking you parking there. Residents need to realise that they dont own the space outside their homes, especially in formal marked bays. Does my head in. One day I'm just going to move the obstacles & park there, but I know I"ll come back to find the tyres slashed or the car keyed. Maybe once Golfie Jnr is driving & has an old banger that we don't mind being abused.
  • Lombard Wall (opposite Asda) off Bugsbys Way is normally okay.
    Just to echo the above.  Never had an issue parking on lombard wall on a match day and I don't get there that early
  • Fucking hate parking around the Valley. Recognised parking spaces have planks of wood/traffic cones blocking you parking there. Residents need to realise that they dont own the space outside their homes, especially in formal marked bays. Does my head in. One day I'm just going to move the obstacles & park there, but I know I"ll come back to find the tyres slashed or the car keyed. Maybe once Golfie Jnr is driving & has an old banger that we don't mind being abused.

• shirty5 said:
    Fucking hate parking around the Valley. Recognised parking spaces have planks of wood/traffic cones blocking you parking there. Residents need to realise that they dont own the space outside their homes, especially in formal marked bays. Does my head in. One day I'm just going to move the obstacles & park there, but I know I"ll come back to find the tyres slashed or the car keyed. Maybe once Golfie Jnr is driving & has an old banger that we don't mind being abused.

Most old bangers get abused...
  • If anyones genuinely stuck and needs a one off, I have a few permits for Hickin, Gallon, Barney Close