Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke city fan awarded £2,750

A Stoke city fan has been awarded compensation of £2,750 for being the victim of unlawful police action(section 27).
The fan took action after more than 80 stoke city fans were removed from a pub against the landlords wish(kettling)prior to a premier league game against Man U.
The fans were held for 4 hours and forcibly transported back to stoke and missed the game,no toilet facilities were provided.
Section 27 is used to target small groups or individuals displaying drunken behaviour but no evidence was shown.
Not very good away support for a premier league side :-)

Comments

• Thought it was going to be for neck ache watching all those long balls pumped up the pitch... there is one club I would not wish to swap places with even if they are now 2 divisions above us.
  • What was his grounds for this? I know you said it was because of "no evidence", but I thought that was the whole point of s27..... That dibble don't need any? Brilliant that he got that. Hope a floodgate gets opened now
  • pleased that someone has actually stood-up & been counted !
    We weren't allowed in @ Ipswich last season because it "looked like we'd had a drink....".
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]pleased that someone has actually stood-up & been counted !
    We weren't allowed in @ Ipswich last season because it "looked like we'd had a drink....".

Thing is, that you needed a drink to watch away last season.
  • Was a good game actually drew 1v1 i was lago big style
  • wow think quite a few on here could make some big money
  • well done the FSF, it's not against the law to go to football, something lost on the OB and local authorities in recent times... hopefully they will no longer be allowed to get away with whatever they please
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]pleased that someone has actually stood-up & been counted !

"Looked like we'd had a drink"....LOL at that one P....not that I agree with what happened to you!
  • Happened to me at Chelsea match, when i was busting to go to the lav a copper pulled me over and refused entry to the ground. Had to go to court to plead my innosence weeks later. Thanks again to Thread and Oohahh for the witness statements! It got kicked out of court, too relieved to take it any further.
  • [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite] It got kicked out of court, too relieved to take it any further.

So they made you go to court before they let you have a piss!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Happened to me at Chelsea match, when i was busting to go to the lav a copper pulled me over and refused entry to the ground. Had to go to court to plead my innosence weeks later. Thanks again to Thread and Oohahh for the witness statements! It got kicked out of court, too relieved to take it any further.

God, you had to wait weeks before going to the loo and relieved yourself. ;-0)
  • Think it was near enough half time when they let me pee!