Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DHL Scam

Beware very genuine looking e.mail from DHL saying package awaiting delivery but first you need to click link to pay customs charge.

Comments

• If you are expecting delivery from abroad then this might be legitimate as I have had these from dhl at work
  • I was expecting a delivery yesterday, and got an email saying they had tried to deliver; immediately got lots of pop ups on my PC which I've had to block. Why can't the Govt sort out these annoying b'stards!
  • Ordered an electric fan in the very hot weather.
    The DHL Van pulled up outside (it was a Friday) and nobody got out. Was watching out of the window.
    Within a minute it turned and drove away.
    Within another minute got a text saying delivery attempted and failed and the driver would not return until the Monday.
    I contacted (eventually) the customer service number and said what had happened.
    DHL contacted me back in 20 minutes and said the fan would be delivered in half an hour.
    The package had a great big picture of a fan on the outside.
    Mrs Plum answered the door and the driver berated her, said he had knocked, said he had tried to deliver to neighbours. When contradicted by Mrs Plum he said she was being rude, he didn’t like her attitude and threatened to take the fan away.
    When I came downstairs to see what the fuss was about he left the fan and silently went away.
  • seth plum said:
    Ordered an electric fan in the very hot weather.
    The DHL Van pulled up outside (it was a Friday) and nobody got out. Was watching out of the window.
    Within another minute got a text saying delivery attempted and failed and the driver would not return until the Monday.
    I contacted (eventually) the customer service number and said what had happened.
    DHL contacted me back in 20 minutes and said the fan would be delivered in half an hour.
    Mrs Plum answered the door and the driver berated her, said he had knocked, said he had tried to deliver to neighbours. When contradicted by Mrs Plum he said she was being rude, he didn’t like her attitude and threatened to take the fan away.
    When I came downstairs to see what the fuss was about he left the fan and silently went away.
    Fantastic.🤭
  • seth plum said:
    Ordered an electric fan in the very hot weather.
    Well done Seth. He was probably worried you were going to engage him in Brexit chat :)
  • I haven't used DHL since 2007 when they lost lots of documents necessary for our marriage in Argentina. In the end, we had to do loads of admin shit a second time and the timing was so tight that I actually had to go to the airport depot  one evening to deliver or collect (can't remember which now) something in time.

To this day and for the rest of my life I refuse to use DHL and would have more faith in the normal post. It even irritates me when I get sent something from a company using DHL.