Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away games next season

edited June 2009 in Match Day Travel
Just wondering which away games people were planning to get to next season. I'm definetly going to Leeds, possibly Brighton and Southend.

What about anyone else?

Comments

• Going to take some holiday and treat myself to a big one for the Brighton game.
  • probably all of them, apart from Colchester on a tuesday which will be fairly impossible from up north and if anything clashes with exams or an England date somewhere interesting (as long as it's not a big game for us, priorities obviously)

Most looking forward to getting down to some terraces. Carlisle is an obvious one to look at! Yeovil as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Going to take some holiday and treat myself to a big one for the Brighton game.

oooeeeer
  • Hoping all dependant on funds, keeping it local in a help to save on money
    Orient
    Brentford
    Millscum
    Gills
    Southend

Anything else will be a bonus
  • I always go away games with ooahh so none for us
  • Going to all of them - except Hartlepool as I'm on hols
  • As many as poss
  • Just the grounds i've not been to

HEREFORD
    CARLISLE
    HARTLEPOOL
    COLCHESTER
    BRISTOL ROVERS
    MK DONS

and a few local trips Smallwall,Leyton Orient,Wycombe
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Going to take some holiday and treat myself to a big one for the Brighton game.

oooeeeer

Ha ha, should have read back before posting eh?
  • I am going to do all of them bar Soton and Exeter (done them) and possibly avoid Orient, Brighton and Colchester (as they are midweeks but I will work on it).
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll try to do as many as possible and as we have no long trips away mid-week I expect to see you all there ! lol

Already Planning the Hereford & Hartlepool games..........
  • Have already got my rail tickets for Hartlepool, now just have to get the match ticket. Also planning Carlisle , Norwich at this point, will think of one or two others later.
  • Stockport Yevoil should be good and we're gonna go for carlisle away only 3 hours on the train and £30 return not bad considering we're playing in scotland!
  • brighton,southend gillingham,brentford,leeds,and the new den
  • Going to nearly all of them
  • The last time we were in the old third division i went to most of them,The new season will bring back a few memories for me late seventies,early eighties,era,we used to go everywhere,early trains,coaches,hired mini buses,went to carlisle on a cold tuesday night,there was 58 charlton,i counted them,been to exeter,huddersfield,leeds,oldham,might do hartepool,or stockport new grounds for me,if were doing well might go a few more,can you see youself going up to stockport on a cold tuesday night if were down near the bottom,we need to get straight back up,do a licester,the fans need to get behind the team next season.COME ON YOU REDS
  • EXETER
    CARLISLE
    STOCKPORT
    YEOVIL
    SWINDON
    WALSALL
    BRISTOL ROVERS
    HUDDERSFIELD
    TRANMERE
    OLDHAM (MAYBE)

wont do many home games, prefer to have fun away this season. Carlisle looks good staying overnight and going horse racing there on the saturday.
  • well was going southend but since its now been brought forward to friday, on police advice - WTF? won't be going there

Be doing most the local ones thou and a select few others all depends on dollar thou
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]well was going southend but since its now been brought forward to friday, on police advice - WTF? won't be going there

Be doing most the local ones thou and a select few others all depends on dollar thou

That true is it , its on friday night now ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]well was going southend but since its now been brought forward to friday, on police advice - WTF? won't be going there

Yeah just seen it on the o/s mate
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]well was going southend but since its now been brought forward to friday, on police advice - WTF? won't be going there

Yeah just seen it on the o/s mate

Nice one , cheers mate
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Going to nearly all of them

But, but, but, does the Mrs know?

:-)
  • Southend moved to a friday night on police advice?! Do me a favour. The notorious hooligan elements of Charlton and Southend!
    One less away game i'll be going to now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Southend moved to a friday night on police advice?! Do me a favour. The notorious hooligan elements of Charlton and Southend!
    One less away game i'll be going to now.

Its more likely because west ham have a home match on saturday, and southend have some kinda agreement if west ham are playin at home on the sat they play at home on the friday, sunday or monday

apparently all their fan base are also west ham fans or somethin?
  • Well for those who thought our away support would be better this year, none of Orient, Brentford, Colchester, Southend or Brighton away are on a saturday now so i can't see us selling out any of them.
  • these fixtures have not been kind too us at all. it's disappointing.
  • Southend have already announced that the matches with Southampton, Millwall, Leyton Orient and Leeds have been moved from saturday to friday nights following requests by the police.
  • Millwall away we all have to turn out in big numbers surely thats the most important fixture
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Millwall away we all have to turn out in big numbers surely thats the most important fixture

I hope so mate, we should fill our allocation for that game.
  • Yea defo Millwall, Brentford, Leyton, and southend should all be full but southend is now Fri night game aint it? how many on here will be going Welling and if so were do we meet i here there is a pub really close to the ground any info on this one would be much apprciated or a reply on my original Welling post. Chers