Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sad to say ---but

2»

Comments

• lets clear up two ponts:

1) Parkinsons contract runs out NEXT JUNE, not this one or at the end of this year, but NEXT JUNE.

2) He was made manager in January 2009. FULL STOP. Again, not until the end of last season, but as a Permanent Manager

I have gone back through the news items on the OS and nothing there ever says he is a temporay manager or his last game is Norwich (home) .

He is here to stay. Get used to it.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]He is here to stay. Get used to it.

Oh no, he's going. They all eventually go. Even Jimmy Seed and Curbs.

The only question is when. And since he has already proven not up to the job, it will be sooner rather than later.

It may be 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks, 10 months ...

I hope he is a success for as long as he is here. But he should have been gone in January after his failure during the caretaker period.

If the board can't afford to fire him, then the board is a bigger weakness than he is.
    And that would be a real shame, given where we were as a club not so long ago.
  • There is an alternative that is affordable, let Mr Parkinson revert to training players and assisting a manager who is a Charlton supporter. It used to be the case that people would need to pay a decent sum to be a match mascot; well perhaps by auction, or some other method, supporters can become team managers for a week at a time by paying, say, £500. Think of the benefits, over a 50 match season that would bring in £25000, enough to run the scoreboard, or pay a little bit towards Mr Waggotts wages. You may argue that results would go down the pan compared with Mr Parkinson's fantastic record, if results suffer (and personally I have a 'feeling' that with my proposed method results would be better than Mr Parkinsons record) then you wouldn't have a high wage manager to pay off. Looks like a win win situation all round to me.
  • His contract does run out next year but he was not given a new contract or the details of his contract changed so he is still on his assistant manager contract
  • Oh Seth, you cheer me up - and that takes some doing in these horrible times for our club!
  • Does anybody know the position with Mark Kinsella?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Does anybody know the position with Mark Kinsella?

Centre mid is his best position...just in behind the front two.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]His contract does run out next year but he was not given a new contract or the details of his contract changed so he is still on his assistant manager contract

But he is manager at the moment, that's not really relevant since there's no chance of him going back to being the assistant manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Does anybody know the position with Mark Kinsella?

Centre mid is his best position...just in behind the front two.

Very good!:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Does anybody know the position with Mark Kinsella?

I recall reading somewhere that his contract is up this summer and that no-one at the club has discussed a new one.
  • Sponsored links:

• So its almost another week gone and the news (or lack of) is the same.

Rumours have stopped.

Tiny snippets of what Parky is up to.

Trying to break it gently that he is here to start the season.

Dont start the bollox "get behind him he is the manager" --------------------------- START WINNING GAMES
  • yup thats all there is for it GH, we ahve to get a good start and the fans will as always get behing the team, 1 good performance against wycombe will be the start, HOLD ON.... the Van rumour has just started though............. I am so desperate for something to happen, I check on here every 10 mins!
  • [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]yup thats all there is for it GH, we ahve to get a good start and the fans will as always get behing the team, 1 good performance against wycombe will be the start, HOLD ON.... the Van rumour has just started though............. I am so desperate for something to happen, I check on here every 10 mins!

10 minutes !!!!!!!! Call yourself a fan ?
  • LOL! Right I'm gonna stop torturing myself and go out! I am supposed to be on HOLIDAY! was on the beach at camber yesterday and my phone broke, I had an addicks news blackout blackout(sic) for 7 hours!
  • [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]LOL! Right I'm gonna stop torturing myself and go out! I am supposed to be on HOLIDAY! was on the beach at camber yesterday and my phone broke, I had an addicks news blackout blackout(sic) for 7 hours!

The news blackout for Charlton fans has been since the Norwich match !!!
  • rumours have stopped because,there is now no takeover,finished,fenite,the end of etc

FECKIN LOAD OF BOLLOCKS WE HAVE ALL BEEN LEAD UP THE GARDEN PATH AGAIN.