Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's be positive...

Right then here goes...we've all been guilty of being negative in the past few months (me included) and i think we all know and realise that this whole takeover/non takeover, Parky/no Parky thing has really got to us all. What i'm asking is for some positive news to get our jolly hockey stick spirits up.

I'll start the ball rolling by presenting you with the fact that we are a big club, we're one of the favourites to go up so we have half a chance of winning a few games and going home happy after a match, we have some great young players to watch (Elliott, Shelvey, Wright to name but a few), we've got a better chance than in the past few years of going to Wembley for a cup final (some painters & decorators cup or something) and most of all it all starts in just over a month!!!

No negative comments please. Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    why kid yourself , it's been 3 years of negativity for a reason cos we're a disgrace
    we're not a big club our away support is the worst in the country
    yes shelvey is a great young player but how much longer will he be here for
    elliot , dream on he is a 3rd tier keeper at best
    wright is he still with us

sorry but i'm a realist
    at the moment we're in the poo ;-(
  • Options
    We're more financially sound than Palace or Millwall
  • Options
    Cheers ohah, you been on the gin?

I think we will be top 6 next season if we keep our midfeild and bring in a couple of centre halves, I wonder what will happen to moo2? Is his contract up? Would love to see him given another chance, also thought solly looked good in the last game. There must also be a chance for waggy to force himself in.
  • Options
    Transfer window opens on Wednesday or at least when all the current contracts expire so thats when the fun starts and we find out if we are smiley happy people or wrist slashers!
  • Options
    sniff...sniff...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]sniff...sniff...

Hey fever or cold pilchard?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bloody hay fever! What are the best remedies? Come on lifers, what do you use for hayfever and what tends to work?
    The scent of a Nigel is said to be an old Pagan remedy. Blocks the nasal passages with a particular scent thus banishing said affliction.
  • Options
    the bottom line is players are going to be sold the squad will become weaker and fuck me its weak enough the manager will still be here we wont have much funds to spend and by the time they sort out all the shit going on behind the scenes we will be mid table , deep down hopefully im wrong but i cant see it going any other way .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Transfer window opens on Wednesday or at least when all the current contracts expire so thats when the fun starts and we find out if we are smiley happy people or wrist slashers!

I can see a sudden surge in the profits of wilkinson-sword!
  • Options
    On the first home game the pitch will look beautiful, a tempting glorious velvety green that would do justice to most of our living rooms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we will keep Hudson, because of his high wages. Ditto Gray. If Fortune resigns then we should have a team more than good enough to get out of tier 3.
  • Options
    Unless there is a takeover, its more helpings of turd pie that CAFC fans can look forward to, I'm afraid (for reasons stated above).
  • Options
    without a takeover we will asset strip like mad, Shelvey being the most likely, and be stuck with the high earners/under achievers. Sorry but thats the way it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]without a takeover we will asset strip like mad, Shelvey being the most likely, and be stuck with the high earners/under achievers. Sorry but thats the way it is.

Takeover ?
    What you heard Raz ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]Right then here goes...we've all been guilty of being negative in the past few months (me included) and i think we all know and realise that this whole takeover/non takeover, Parky/no Parky thing has really got to us all. What i'm asking is for some positive news to get our jolly hockey stick spirits up.

I'll start the ball rolling by presenting you with the fact that we are a big club, we're one of the favourites to go up so we have half a chance of winning a few games and going home happy after a match, we have some great young players to watch (Elliott, Shelvey, Wright to name but a few), we've got a better chance than in the past few years of going to Wembley for a cup final (some painters & decorators cup or something) and most of all it all starts in just over a month!!!

No negative comments please. Over to you.

Sorry mate but if that is your best shot at positivity the fact is reality out ways it in to negativity.

Positivity will only come if the weak links in the team are irradicated or the board magic up some thing.

Saying that I am still hopeful the club will do a bit of wheeling & dealing to improve the team and hopefully give us a cutting edge up front as well as improving a dysmal defence.
  • Options
    I'm waiting until August before making any judgments, but so far things don't look good.

Parky said at the end of the season we had to hit the ground running and start by getting in some new recruits before the others. Well, pre--season has started and no new faces have come in and we have let at least 6 players go and there will be another 3 or 4 leave as well. The June 30th june ends marlarky is a load of bollox - everyone knows you can sign players before their contracts are up and one of Curb's best signings, Sir Clive, signed in the May of that year, rather than in the July..........that's stealing a march on your rivals !