Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

According to the SLP...

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
If the proposed takeover doesn't happen this week, we're going to see an exodus of players next week.I'm just wondering which players I'll be watching when I go to Ireland... :0 (

Comments

• O' Shaughnessy/ Doyle/ O'Reilly/ Boyle/O Connor/ Murphy/Docherty/OBrien/Quinn/Mc Loughlin/O Carroll/Daly/Ryan etc etc.....
  • What a non-story. There's going to be an exodus next week no matter what. So if they were totally wrong about the original takeover story they can now say that it fell through and the exodus is proof, rather than their original story being shown as false.
  • There will be some comings and goings anyway I guess.... there's no doubt a plan A scenario and a plan B scenario.
    If there's no takeover, I think we need to look at being very very dissapointed indeed at what's likely to happen.....I dread to think of those who'll want away if the club looks like there's to be no fresh impetus i.e. a takeover and new funds to project us forward.
    I'm almost certain that Nicky Bailey for one is eyeing up the situation and waiting to see which route we're about to go down.....logicly, I'm sure there are one or two others who are of a like mind.
  • think Hudson, ZZ, shelvey, Bailey, er Holland..
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]think Hudson, ZZ, shelvey, Bailey, er Holland..

In other words rip the arse out of the mid field....and that's for starters.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]think Hudson, ZZ, shelvey, Bailey, er Holland..

I'd add Racon to that as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us start the season with a midfield of Sam, Spring, Semedo, Basey....assuming we don't go with Parky's favoured 5 in the middle formation.
  • Think Sam may go too.

It's confusing that Toks has been let go as he offers a bit of pace on the left and wouldn't be one of our more expensive catastrophes if it doesn't work out
  • and welcome to league 2 next season, great tho as we get a tour of all the grounds in the country
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]think Hudson, ZZ, shelvey, Bailey, er Holland..

Wouldn't be surprised to see us start the season with a midfield of Sam, Spring, Semedo, Basey....assuming we don't go with Parky's favoured 5 in the middle formation.

His favoured formation is 4-4-2. He was only using 4-5-1 because of the players we had available.
  • and credit to parky for using 4-5-1 i mean with strikers like kandol and burton available he isn't stupid
  • Sponsored links:

• My feeling is that with the takeover not having happened (yet?) they now have to start putting into action Plan B: and that will mean selling a couple of players.

Hopefully it is just Hudson and one other but I can see both Shelvey and Bailey wanting to move and us being willing to/having to sell.

Happy days : - (

PS saw Peter Varney today. Waved to me from his car. That is all
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Think Sam may go too.

It's confusing that Toks has been let go as he offers a bit of pace on the left and wouldn't be one of our more expensive catastrophes if it doesn't work out

Agree with that, and I like the look of Toks, well, the little I've seen of him anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My feeling is that with the takeover not having happened (yet?) they now have to start putting into action Plan B: and that will mean selling a couple of players.

Hopefully it is just Hudson and one other but I can see both Shelvey and Bailey wanting to move and us being willing to/having to sell.

It's true then ,that you are spending most nights out sleeping rough in the valley car park trying to get any shred of info you can?

Fair play to you H.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My feeling is that with the takeover not having happened (yet?) they now have to start putting into action Plan B: and that will mean selling a couple of players.

Hope you cleaned his windscreen properly?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: razil[/cite]think Hudson, ZZ, shelvey, Bailey, er Holland..[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised to see us start the season with a midfield of Sam, Spring, Semedo, Basey....assuming we don't go with Parky's favoured 5 in the middle formation.[/quote]

His favoured formation[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]is[/b]4-4-2. He was only using 4-5-1 because of the players we had available.[/quote]

Thank christ i havent renewed yet, what a load a crock of shite that is.........especially with Burton up front,
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Think Sam may go too.

Agree with that, and I like the look of Toks, well, the little I've seen of him anyway.

Thing with him is he's ok but not good enough yet and might never be. If he was clearly going to break through now that we're in League One we'd have kept him.

It could be 2-4 years before he's ready for regular League One football.

Look at Barry Fuller and Charlie MacDonald. Can see Yussuff being similar to them, a few years in non-league football before he steps up to League One/Two.

Have we got a plan B? Seeing a last season we didnt even have a plan A!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Thing with him is he's ok but not good enough yet and might never be. If he was clearly going to break through now that we're in League One we'd have kept him.

Look at Barry Fuller and Charlie MacDonald. Can see Yussuff being similar to them, a few years in non-league football before he steps up to League One/Two.

I've seen very little of him tbh Scoh, basically a Youth Cup game vs Wolves, but I thought he was the stand out player that night in a team that also contained Uchechi, Shelvey, Wagstaff, Solly and Wright, all of whom are considered to be decent prospects.

Youth cup game only, I know, but he scored, set a couple up and looked very tidy with a bit of flair about him and a decent set piece delivery. He also looked fairly big physically, big enough to be given a few chances at first team level at least - he certainly wouldn't be overwhelmed in the way I think Wagstaff was.

That is all a long way short of making him a regular first teamer, I know, and maybe I caught him on a very good day, but I didn't think he looked too far of first team material and I was surprised when we released him, especially as our only other lefty is Basey.
  • Just bought a copy of the SLP, and for once there is a fair bit on us in there.

Fair too much to put on here in one go, but will summarise

- Hudson to Cardiff for £700k at least.

- Chelsea are trying to close a deal for Jonjo, though if this goes through he could be loaned back .

- Interest in Racon.

- Supporters Club Chair not happy. He states we would have sold £8k of season tickets if we were in the Blue sq Premier.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Thing with him is he's ok but not good enough yet and might never be. If he was clearly going to break through now that we're in League One we'd have kept him.

I've seen very little of him tbh Scoh, basically a Youth Cup game vs Wolves, but I thought he was the stand out player that night in a team that also contained Uchechi, Shelvey, Wagstaff, Solly and Wright, all of whom are considered to be decent prospects.

Youth cup game only, I know, but he scored, set a couple up and looked very tidy with a bit of flair about him and a decent set piece delivery. He also looked fairly big physically, big enough to be given a few chances at first team level at least - he certainly wouldn't be overwhelmed in the way I think Wagstaff was.

That is all a long way short of making him a regular first teamer, I know, and maybe I caught him on a very good day, but I didn't think he looked too far of first team material and I was surprised when we released him, especially as our only other lefty is Basey.

I thought we'd give him another year as well. I've seen him about four times I think.

I agree he's decent physically and quite tidy. He could well be a League One player in a few years, really just saying I can see why we let him go. To be a League One player he needs regular football and he wasn't going to get that here. I'm pretty sure we'll sign a left sided player. It would have been hard for him to break through on the left and almost impossible in the centre.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]PS saw Peter Varney today. Waved to me from his car. That is all

Could you see four fingers and a thumb, or just one finger?
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]PS saw Peter Varney today. Waved to me from his car. That is all

Could you see four fingers and a thumb, or just one finger?

Peter doesn't have a disability so of course I saw all his fingers and thumb.
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My feeling is that with the takeover not having happened (yet?) they now have to start putting into action Plan B: and that will mean selling a couple of players.

Have we got a plan B? Seeing a last season we didnt even have a plan A!!

We still haven't got a plan A its just 1 f~~king great long episode of the chuckle brothers.
    Tell them to poke it and get on with it, we need to concentrate on the playing side!!
  • We haven't got a plan A
  • Bloody cheek, they've better 1st touch than most of ours. . .