Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Melbourne Derby abandoned

Game just abandoned due to a pitch invasion. 
City's goalkeeper clobbered by a bucket, ref punched. 

Sounds worse than it looked but the keeper needed stitches so it couldn't really have gone on. 

Comments

• Options
    Who takes a bucket to a game?
  • Options
    There is footage on Twitter. Tv pundits made it sound like Millwall at Luton all those years ago but it was all over in a few minutes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Probably a sand bucket grabbed from the side of the pitch or something?  Seems weird otherwise, I agree.
  • Options
    It was a fire bucket for flares. The keeper lobbed a flare back towards the crowd that landed close to him. Then it went off. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    It was a fire bucket for flares. The keeper lobbed a flare back towards the crowd that landed close to him. Then it went off
    The flare or the crowd? 
  • Options
    Next thing you hear is that someone has taken a spanner to a football match. I must of been a wrench🤓
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Next thing you hear is that someone has taken a spanner to a football match. I must of been a wrench🤓
    Would never happen! 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've never been to a match with Hyacinth Bucket?
  • Options
    the rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney over anything is close to if not quite as bitter as the Celtic/Rangers divide .. this 'riot' was a protest over big games being switched from Melbourne to Sydney .. not a g'day mate
  • Options

Pretty sure it was a bucket of sand that the stewards were using to douse flares.
  • Options
    We sent all our convicts there, is it any wonder ?
  • Options
    It was West Ham convicts
  • Options
    the rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney over anything is close to if not quite as bitter as the Celtic/Rangers divide .. this 'riot' was a protest over big games being switched from Melbourne to Sydney .. not a g'day mate
    Not on the same level, more Liverpool and Manchester. Having the grand final at Sydney each season is a piss take though.
  • Options
    Rivalry? Nah it's all fabricated... it's a damp squib really. I've been to a lot of games over here, it's very sterile. 
  • Options
    Not on the same level, more Liverpool and Manchester. Having the grand final at Sydney each season is a piss take though.
    The piss take is having a grand final at all. 
  • Options
    Having seen the full footage the flashpoint was the goal keeper throwing a flare back into the stands landing amongst the fans who then went onto the pitch. Whilst it's being widely condemned about the injuries to the keeper, a cameraman who was bowled over and the referee being shoved, there's no mention of the keeper throwing a flare into a congested area full of fans. He's equally to blame but I bet he gets away Scott fee, such is the way of football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Having seen the full footage the flashpoint was the goal keeper throwing a flare back into the stands landing amongst the fans who then went onto the pitch. Whilst it's being widely condemned about the injuries to the keeper, a cameraman who was bowled over and the referee being shoved, there's no mention of the keeper throwing a flare into a congested area full of fans. He's equally to blame but I bet he gets away Scott fee, such is the way of football. 
    How much are you betting?