Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to "put up or shut up"?

It seems obvious that any proposed takeover is not going to give the club a massive input of cash or it would have been done by now. More likely it is an investor, hopefully a Charlton fan, who has put together a group that want to run a football club and we are into negotiations over how much the current group are prepared to write-off, or how much of their loans need carrying over.

However, if the players in this drama are true Charlton fans they need to settle the issue now. I'm not sure why, but comments from Parky and within the club suggest that these talks are holding up deals which impinge on the make-up of the squad. It is so near to kick-off that incomers are unlikely to be match-fit, certainly won't have time to gel with the squad, and the current 4-5-1 while being Parky's choice at the moment, may not be the planned formation. The 1st choice line-up has been promising but is reliant on us getting our noses in front. We know from last year, that its one thing to play well with one striker, but another to dominate and win a match. A poor start and morale will crumble.

The only justification for dragging things out is if a takeover would give Parky a couple of million to spend. Are the takeover bidders trying to screw the current board for this bonanza rather than stumping up their own cash?

Comments

• Another takeover thread?!
  • Yeah the current board must be having their balls squeezed and could be digging their heels in as a result. Something will give eventually.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Another takeover thread?![/quote]

Thought the same

Maybe all takeover threads could sunk

Or maybe time to give Internet forums a break as its getting very boring
  • [cite]Posted By: Andy Peaked[/cite]Yeah the current board must be having their balls squeezed and could be digging their heels in as a result. Something will give eventually.

Having your balls squeezed is not so bad ! Just depends who is doing the squeezing and how hard !
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]It seems obvious that any proposed takeover is not going to give the club a massive input of cash or it would have been done by now. More likely it is an investor, hopefully a Charlton fan, who has put together a group that want to run a football club and we are into negotiations over how much the current group are prepared to write-off, or how much of their loans need carrying over.

However, if the players in this drama are true Charlton fans they need to settle the issue now. I'm not sure why, but comments from Parky and within the club suggest that these talks are holding up deals which impinge on the make-up of the squad. It is so near to kick-off that incomers are unlikely to be match-fit, certainly won't have time to gel with the squad, and the current 4-5-1 while being Parky's choice at the moment, may not be the planned formation. The 1st choice line-up has been promising but is reliant on us getting our noses in front. We know from last year, that its one thing to play well with one striker, but another to dominate and win a match. A poor start and morale will crumble.

The only justification for dragging things out is if a takeover would give Parky a couple of million to spend. Are the takeover bidders trying to screw the current board for this bonanza rather than stumping up their own cash?

Obviously you're no dummy AG and believe me I'm in no way poo pooing your post but it simply has to go in with the hundreds and hundreds of other hypothetical posts we've seen on here over the last few months(one or two of mine if I'm honest) the truth 'may' out one day....but not yet awhile.
  • See TAKEOVER thread?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]It seems obvious that any proposed takeover is not going to give the club a massive input of cash or it would have been done by now. More likely it is an investor, hopefully a Charlton fan, who has put together a group that want to run a football club and we are into negotiations over how much the current group are prepared to write-off, or how much of their loans need carrying over.

Obviously you're no dummy AG and believe me I'm in no way poo pooing your post but it simply has to go in with the hundreds and hundreds of other hypothetical posts we've seen on here over the last few months(one or two of mine if I'm honest) the truth 'may' out one day....but not yet awhile.

You mustn't poo poo the poo poo!
  • You know Soundas, if there's one thing I've learnt from Charlton Life, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh.

I knew a poster, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the other poster who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other posters who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the Forum.

Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You know Soundas, if there's one thing I've learnt from Charlton Life, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh.

I knew a poster, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the other poster who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other posters who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the Forum.

and i look to you for the voice of reason and common sense

let down more by this post than the whole Takeover experience ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• of course we all know that the original poo-pooer was Henry Irving, who poo-pooed it because we had not made a cost-benefit analysis of the poo....

personally, i think he talks sh*t
  • Bring back bonemeal
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You know Soundas, if there's one thing I've learnt from Charlton Life, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh.

You forgot the "Meh". If AKFA is the General Melchett of CharltonLife, then who are the Baldrick and the Captain Darling? Obviously I am the Lord Flashheart as my appearances are rare but I am well loved by the ladies :)
  • Dazzler as Captain Darling and Nathan as Baldrick ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Dazzler as Captain Darling and Nathan as Baldrick ;)
    Bald Rick?
  • edited July 2009
    Bald Prick?

I hate chinese whispers
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Bald Prick?

I hate chinese whispers

No smiley face after that one Dazzler? so we'll leave it there ok. Bald yes, prick.........:(
  • You started shaving, Dazzler .... ?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You know Soundas, if there's one thing I've learnt from Charlton Life, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh.

Very good!!..

Good old blackadder......