Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Hector and T Campbell on for Ness and Kanu. We're now 4-2-3-1 I believe. Our third formation of the game. 
    Looks like 4-3-3 with the height of the two wingers either side of May at the moment.
    4-2-3-1 with Dobson and Anderson sitting. Two Campbells and CBT behind May. Tyreece right, Chem no.10, CBT left
    Rotation there as Chem ended up right wing and Tyreece through the middle for a couple of mins
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    You’d imagine it’ll make recruitment even harder this week if we get a battering today
    According to those ITK, players have already agreed to sign for us  :)
  • Options
    Michael Hector fuckinv hell
  • Options
    1. 50'

Post update

Attempt saved. George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) header from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Alfie May.

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Don't like kids being treated in this manner. Hauled off at half time. It's unprofessional and out of order.
    I agree but hopefully they get their confidence back against Luton Under 11s or whoever we face in the Pizza Cup.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Don't like kids being treated in this manner. Hauled off at half time. It's unprofessional and out of order.
    Nurturing youngsters is more important to the future of our club than this match. This match is more important to the future of our manager than nurturing youngsters. The manager has control over substitutions so the outcome is what you’ve seen. 
  • Options
    With this ref, I reckon its fair to say Dobson isn't going to make the final whistle 
  • Options
    1. 53'

Post update

Foul by George Dobson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 53'

Post update

Marcus McGuane (Oxford United) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Dangerous moment as an Oxford free-kick is headed back across goal, ends up going behind for a corner

⏱54' 🐂 #oufc 1-0 #cafc ⚫️

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) August 26, 2023
  • Options
    Holden back the years 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Corner goes towards the near post where it's headed over by Stevens 54'
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    SDAddick said:
    Hector and T Campbell on for Ness and Kanu. We're now 4-2-3-1 I believe. Our third formation of the game. 
    If that is the third formation change then it just shows you that this management set up is unsure what works on the pitch and what doesn’t. 
    Come on. Holder’s read on CL about no plan B in the past. He’s got plans B to Z ready.
  • Options
    Have we actually made first contact with a defensive corner or free kick all season?
  • Options
    Surely if you've lost 3 on the trot with too many kids in the team you put out your most experienced 11 and try and grind out a draw or better.
    You just know what Curbs would do:  "Back to Basics" .....  "Stop the rot" ......."Grind out the result".  :)

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    We have been crying out for a LB/WB for 2 seasons. When we sign one we stick him in midfield. Unbelievable 
    Edun was playing Wing-Back first half, Left-Back now?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    mendonca said:
    Nurturing youngsters is more important to the future of our club than this match. This match is more important to the future of our manager than nurturing youngsters. The manager has control over substitutions so the outcome is what you’ve seen. 
    He never should have started them. We all knew that, why didn't Holden?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First few touches by Chem look promising..
  • Options
    Nice turn of foot from Chem Campbell, pulls away from the Oxford midfield player and he has to take a yellow to bring Chem down
  • Options

55'

Booking

Marcus McGuane (Oxford United) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Options
    Ball finds its way out to TCampbell (Good play from CBT) who fires over from wide
  • Options
    Orient 2-0
  • Options
    Chance for TC end up in the car park after some nice touches by CBT

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    God we need an experienced CH. We look so weak, they are tearing us spart
    I said it during the week: 

We are lacking a physically strong spine throughout the middle of the team.
    We have no real physical presence and teams are able to play through us.

THIS. 100%

I posted same last week.

More relevant is Scot Minto emphasised importance of  experience through spine of the team.
    (At Bromley Addicks).

Having said all that, like Holden - I would have dropped Hector too.
  • Options
    Wasteful from Campbell. Another who should be on loan somewhere this season 
  • Options
    Neat through ball for Oxford gets cut out by our last man (Jones?)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!