Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    What a fucking shambles! Awful all over the pitch! 
  • Options
    How many times has Holden tried to go 3 at the back just for us to be shit and him to have to change it up quickly now.
    We've had this problem for a while now where no formation properly suits us. Feel like I hate every formation we play. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In case I bump into Mr Campbell some time, how do I pronounce his name like Chemist or Chemise.
    Ok...✅
  • Options
    How have we got 44% possession?
  • Options
    Shocking. There’s a massive gulf in the sides.

Carry on that way. Oxford will get 3, possibly 4. We’ll be lucky to get a shot on target, let alone a goal.
  • Options
    We can’t pass it out but we can’t go long as we’ll never win anything. Need a big improvement second half to get anything from this.
  • Options
    What did winning used to feel like?
  • Options
    Not watching, watching Man U game in a bar in Brussels, was laughing at them, then stated reading this ffs
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    😫
  • Options
    Browny.: positive for me is were only 1-0 down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trying to decide if it's worth hitting the booze now.

I'm in a bit of a quandary.

It could either help me "appreciate" the football or....
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Not just outplayed but outclassed
    By a very very average Division Three Oxford United.
  • Options
    Jones looking woeful. Kicking a line ball straight into touch when 2 players ahead. 
    He's been switched to LCB after playing all of pre season and league matches to this point. 

Deji on the right (his more natural side) after playing LCB in pre season.

It's all just baffling. 
  • Options
    We are in massive massive trouble this season.

If I read moans of ‘we are only gonna be mid table’……… I would snap someone’s hand off for that right now.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Well at least we can’t play this badly again in the second half. 

Ha ha, I’m joking. Of course we can. 
    Convinced we're going to turn it around.

Apparently Oxford should be 3 or 4 up. When that is us we usually lose. So now its our chance to turn it around. 
  • Options
    At the match, it is so poor from us. Had real hope for this season. 
    We are being given a lesson in basic football tactics and technique.
    We are miles off of it.!!!
  • Options
    Bronwy: I would definitely grab people by the scruff of the neck.

Curbs: if it doesn't change, we'll definately be on the end of a beating. 
  • Options
    Bizarre how disorganised we look seeing as one of the semi positive parts of Holden last season was he came in and seemed to imbed a structure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get the kids off, the senior pros on and expect them to show some desire and earn their effin wages

Istead
    Jones - Hector - Thomas - Edun
    CBT - Dobson - Taylor - Payne
    May - Campbell

Something like that
  • Options
    Are we actually calling out shape and Holden tactics?  Do you think it might be underfunding, bad use of what little funding we’ve had and a shit load of injuries?  I do, we could have Pep we’d still be shite.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Noone wins anything with a team of youngsters

as someone else said we should have brought in seasoned experienced proven players mixed in with 2/3 youngsters
    not the other way

they should mostly all be out on loan learning and improving 

SHAMBLES !!!! 
  • Options
    Harsh on the 4 youngsters if he goes in their at half time throwing the tea cups about.
    They shouldn't have been playing in the first place.

This whole set up is a shit show.
  • Options
    Holden is out of his depth. Awful starting lineup. We’re going from bad to worse. Players will be losing confidence. This is a mess. 
  • Options
    Holden plays 4-3-3 and does well last season. 

Decides, without any wing-backs, to commit to 3-5-2 this season. Absolutely braindead decision and getting found out every game. 
  • Options
    This is so bad it is hard to believe what we are watching.

At least Holden has had the sense to take @PeanutsMolloy advice and go to a back 4. About time - what on earth is Edun doing playing in midfield.

Poor Korey Anderson. The lad is so poor I feel sorry for him. Take him off at half time, please.

We surely can't be so bad in the second half. Can we ?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Not just outplayed but outclassed
    By a very very average Division Three Oxford United.
    They look far better than average but that’s probably us that’s making them look like that . 
  • Options
    If we don’t have an incredible change in the second half, Holden should be removed tonight. 

A whole week to train and get your point across and this is what we produce. Shambles.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Making a sub right before half time? Hmm, puzzling to say the least. 
    Not wonderful for a 19 year olds confidence either I would imagine…
    Yeah, but the lad isn't being hooked early because he's having a mare, it's a tactical change.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!