Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Campbell on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Not been paying proper attention, genuinely thought we had had someone sent off. We look miles off the pace and Oxford are pissing all over us without breaking sweat. We look absolutely shambolic at the back. Overrun in midfield and nothing upfront.
  • Options
    C Campbell on for Deji...
  • Options
    Weird, was Deji injured?
  • Options
    is that a tactical switch in the 41st minute?  
  • Options
    They could be 4 up.
    IMHO we must go to a back 4 while we're only 1 adrift.

Holden agrees it seems. Good move.
  • Options
    40 mins in, however I'm off to bed. Not ruining a nights sleep on this shower of shit.
  • Options

Charlton sub. Chem Campbell is on for Deji Elerewe. Change in shape. CBT is currently at left-back. 41'
  • Options
    Making a sub right before half time? Hmm, puzzling to say the least. 
  • Options
    Surely you'd put Edun @ Left-Back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    TEL said:
    Holden needs to change our shape, and fast 
    I reckon Holden is making a point to the owners with the selection and set up for this game.

If they sack him, will any decent manager join us in this state ?
    If he is doing that, he deserves to be sacked. I think a lot of coaches would look at this squad and think "two or three back fit and I REALLY fancy it."

I think we can do better than Holden, I don't think he can do better than us at the moment. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Fleetwood 0 Shrews 1

F/wood down to 10 men
  • Options
    He is now. 
  • Options
    What formation are we playing now?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Posh 1-4

Waghorn hat-trick
  • Options
    Comes back from suspension, straight into the side and then hooked before half-time. 

Manager doesn't have a clue. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Deji off and we seem to have gone 4-1-4-1 with Campbell in central midfield. Edun back to LB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Change of shape already squeezing their space.
    We can get a point out of this game yet.
  • Options
    One of the worst performances I've ever seen by Anderson and he's taken off deji?
  • Options
    Sad to say, but hold onto a 1-0 and try and regroup second half...'bout the best we can hope for, but we are so out of it at the mo it is beyond embarrassment...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Fuck we're awful. And we've just brought winger/attacker Chem Campbell on to play central midfield with Taylor and Payne on the bench. Kanu is on the right. 
  • Options
    1. 44'

Post update

Stephan Negru (Oxford United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 44'

Post update

Foul by Alfie May (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    He is. It's not CBT.
  • Options
    I'm not actually sure if this is 4-3-3. Possibly. Campbell seems to be behind May but Kanu and CBT are dropping a bit deeper as well. No idea. 44'
  • Options
    Not watching but Christ, this sounds dire 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!