Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Also….time to burn the purple kit and switch to white for away? 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Need to get karoy off before half time 
    Maybe at half time  so not to embarrass the lad.

But good heavens, this match shows he's not ready to play week in, week out.
    Fuck embarrassing him, he's not been good enough and may cost us another goal. Is prancing about like he's the bollocks. 
    I think that’s a misread. I don’t think he’s feels like he’s the bollocks right now and that’s the point 
  • Options
    Not digging out any individual but there are too many players in our team that aren't up to the task of getting clean sheets and scoring goals. 

Their press is evident on every pass we are making, whereas they seem to have too much time to pick a pass. Why is that? 
  • Options
    Why is Hector on the bench, fuckin odd.  The average age out there we clearly need some direction and leadership.  
    Because he isn’t as good as some think he is.
    I hear you but we’ve kids across the back five and we still can’t defend.  
    Not aimed at you. We kept Hector and Thomas instead of replacing them as we should have and then find ourselves questioning their ability a few games in.
  • Options
    Posh 1 Derby 2
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    May getting frustrated and I don't blame him. What the fck is the gameplan here?
    ….lose with dignity
  • Options
    Another huge chance for Oxford. 
  • Options
    Holden needs to change our shape, and fast 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol at that defending CBT.

How it is not 2-0
  • Options
    FFS that should have been 2-0 
  • Options
    Amazing tackle and long ball from Dobbo to May. Route one straight down the middle 30 yards almost finds May, but just runs to their keeper. 
  • Options
    Our academy graduates are having a nightmare today. Blackett Taylor is not interested. We’re playing with 6 outfield players. Awful performance so far 
  • Options
    Oxford just wasted a massive opening. Completely carved Charlton open and had three in on goal, Goodrham tried a fancy flick into the centre when a simple pass would have led to a tap in. Charlton clear but that was too easy. 38'
  • Options
    Another huge chance for Oxford. 
    And proving once again B-T cannot play full back
  • Options
    They could be 4 up.
    IMHO we must go to a back 4 while we're only 1 adrift.

• Options
    If Holden doesn’t put Edun at LWB after that then he really is clueless. 
  • Options
    lincoln 2-0
  • Options
    Bring chem and Taylor on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone let our chaps know this is a game and not a training session. 
  • Options
    posh 1-3
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Holden needs to change our shape, and fast 
    I reckon Holden is making a point to the owners with the selection and set up for this game.

If they sack him, will any decent manager join us in this state ?
  • Options
    Change all the defence and they're still shit. I honestly don't think we have good enough players and coaching to play 3 at the back with a high press, because they don't press high enough and the wingbacks are too far forward, so when a team wins the ball and drive forwards, more often than not it's 3 v 3
  • Options
    TeeC said:
    All the academy lads look well out of the depth today unfortunately. Relying on them to this extent is crisis club behaviour 
    Except in the case of all bar Asiimwe, there are more experienced pros on the bench! And we felt it fine to let Egbo go before we had a replacement. It doesn't have to be like this, this is a choice from Holden. 
  • Options
    1. 39'

Post update

Corner, Oxford United. Conceded by Lloyd Jones.

• Options
    Isted gets the corner punched clear 40'
  • Options
    Can someone let our chaps know this is a game and not a training session. 
    And that, while it's about more than just taking part, they really need to involve themselves...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    TeeC said:
    All the academy lads look well out of the depth today unfortunately. Relying on them to this extent is crisis club behaviour 
    Except in the case of all bar Asiimwe, there are more experienced pros on the bench! And we felt it fine to let Egbo go before we had a replacement. It doesn't have to be like this, this is a choice from Holden
    Was it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!