Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talksport

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Gonna be talking about charlton within the next hour

Comments

• keep us informed then please. Ta.
  • Is that Alan Brazil....on Toksporr.....right brilliant.....fantastic
  • Phil P on Talksport now !
  • PP is being interviewed...
  • Just expalining that we have had a good start and Ireland really helped. We have good young players, JonJo, Solly mentioned. Difficult to concentrate with all the takeover talk .............
  • Just said takeover issue will be resolved "soon" , team have to keep training well and he is keeping his fingers crossed that money will be there to improve the squad
  • edited August 2009
    Nothing particularly enlightening but nice to get on the wireless just the same! Takeover well on its way according to the fountain of knowledge who is with Alan Brazil on the show.
  • mentioned that lots of teams have chances in League 1 and made a point of highlighting Millwall ......... that's it ! Ronnie Irani reckons he loves going to Charlton because there is a big Chinese on the corner that he goes in before the game for "eat as much as you like" and a bottle of wine ???
  • Ronny Irani babbling on about the chinese opposite the station.So more takeaway than takeover.Typical bloody talkshyte!
  • Very dour sounding on the radio. Made Curbs sound exciting!

Ronnie Irani is a total and utter plum.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Very dour sounding on the radio. Made Curbs sound exciting!

I miss Curb's interviews. Win or lose he never got carried away.
  • Jonnie Jackson will be chatting to Talk Sport shortly!!
  • Anyone listening this morning? 

Sven is on and Bent mentioned 2006 and why he picked Walcott and he comes out a says he could not find anyone better. 
  • Sven not only picked Walcott ahead of the in form goalscorers Bent and Defoe he didn’t even play him!
  • Sven was crap from start to finish
  • Anyone listening this morning? 

Sven is on and Bent mentioned 2006 and why he picked Walcott and he comes out a says he could not find anyone better. 
    Sorry, not sure if I’ve misunderstood.
    Are you saying Darren Bent asked him directly why he wasn’t picked and Sven replied by saying “an unproven 17 year old was better than you, one of the leading English scorers in the premier league at the time”?
    And did anyone challenge this answer?
  • IdleHans said:
    Sven was crap from start to finish
    Started well by picking Chris Powell but quickly became mediocre.
  • edited June 2021
    Anyone listening this morning? 

Sorry, not sure if I’ve misunderstood.
    Are you saying Darren Bent asked him directly why he wasn’t picked and Sven replied by saying “an unproven 17 year old was better than you, one of the leading English scorers in the premier league at the time”?
    And did anyone challenge this answer?

Sorry I did not explain it very well. 

Bent said something like I would like to ask you about 2006 and why you picked Walcott. Sven come back and said because he could not find anyone better. Laura Woods and Ali laughed and followed up with what about Darren Bent who scored 18 goals for Charlton. 

I don't actually think Sven knew it was Darren Bent asking the question or has no recollection of Darren Bent. It was quite strange. 

Sven-Goran Eriksson gives savage response when Darren Bent asks why he picked Theo Walcott in England squad for 2006 World Cup (talksport.com) 
  • It was all odd, Sven was on to plug some language thing he is involved in and is plainly sitting at home talking to station after station and had no idea that it was Darren Bent or, indeed, who Darren Bent was. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Other media challenges lie ahead'

It must all have been a challenge, Jim - impersonating a journalist.
  • Who will they get now then to stand dressed for a funeral in front of a countdown clock as the next club goes out of business 
  • Been stealing a living for over two decades. 
    Absolute plum 
  • I would say hospital radio but those fuckers are sick enough already!
  • Not gonna be the same without him.

It's gonna be infinitely better.
  • Alan Brazil is the natural transfer deadline presenter, 11pm deadline would be hysterical.