Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Singing for Parky?

I'm somewhat bemused at the mo. Parky appears to have moved up the appreciation stakes in nearly everyone's eyes but I haven't yet heard anyone doing the Parkinsons red and white army type song yet. Is there still a lack of enthusiasm for Parky? Just seemed to me that he has earnt some praise now, and I wondered what other contributors views were.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe waiting for the tipping point where the disasters of last season are wiped out by the successes of this. In addition, if Parkinson wins promotion we're sort of back where he started when he took over.
  • Options
    Could've sworn there were some "Parky, what's the score?" chants at 2-0 yesterday, so there's definite warmth there. Suspect the lack of PPRAWA chant is that no-one's agreed how to make it scan yet.
  • Options
    there was a couple of parky give us a wave, and what's the score.

But then the same songs were sung to their keeper, Clayton Ince, and i wouldn't be happy with him as our manager (or worse yet our goalkeeper).
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]In addition, if Parkinson wins promotion we're sort of back where he started when he took over.

That's like saying we wouldn't have sung for Pardew if he'd got us back into the premiership at the first attempt.
  • Options
    Clayton Ince what a legend yesterday lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]there was a couple of parky give us a wave, and what's the score.

But then the same songs were sung to their keeper, Clayton Ince, and i wouldn't be happy with him as our manager (or worse yet our goalkeeper).
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]In addition, if Parkinson wins promotion we're sort of back where he started when he took over.

That's like saying we wouldn't have sung for Pardew if he'd got us back into the premiership at the first attempt.

Yeah, but that was what Pardew was supposed to be for, save us, or use his Reading/West Ham experience to get us back up...that didn't happen. if bit by bit, organically, Parkinson wins us over, then credit to him, but is it only me that thinks the minimum he should achieve is promotion?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Clayton Ince what a legend yesterday lol
    LOL - yeah, I thought that was great too. Very funny - quite rare for an opposition keeper to have a sense of humour when his team's losing!
  • Options
    their goalie yesterday whoever he was, was pony

it seemed like upon arriving at the valley they realised they had left the goalie behind and dragged in their centre half to play in goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]but is it only me that thinks the minimum he should achieve is promotion?

I think that could be down to what happens in the next week and a half. If the takeover goes through and we sign a few players and keep our best players, yes I'd expect us to be good enough to get promoted.

If we hear nothing, a few of the better players leave and we end up having to get a few average players on loan then I'd understand if we didn't get promoted.