Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Thought that was the best Dobson has played when he’s had Coventry next to him. It’s not really worked before but last night they seemed to work well together and both had good games 
  • Options
    I think he's been pretty poor since the Hungary announcement. Doesn't look his usual self at all. 

Good ball last night, though. 
  • Options
    Sign him up!
  • Options
    He's got the shackles of a two game suspension off his back now.

He'll need to avoid picking up another six bookings between now and the end of the season to avoid a three match ban (which I presume can carry over into next season, should he stay), but that could have been weighing on his mind these last couple of matches.
  • Options
    He's gone now, isn't he? Signed a pre-contract so I don't think Jones could keep if even if he wants to. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Surely he’s not really going to join this Hungarian team, is he?!
    Yes.  Daft thing is I get the feeling he wants to stay, we should want him to stay (and Jones probably does), but it's all too little too late as Scott tried to push him out and the pre-contract is signed.
    I got a different feelings yesterday. 
    Yesterday that was the yearly public conversation between our manager Gzrelak, and supporters of Videoton (Fehervar).

So now I know more details about the Dobbo transfer.
    Our manager meet with him several times, he also saw a match at London, meet with him at London, and also at Budapest. And also they disscussed at phone several times.

Our manager spoke about Dobbo, he highligthed his work moral, and also a leadership at the pitch. He expland that Dobbo is like a elongated hand of coach at the pitch.

I also asked him a question, that he afraid of that Dobbo will not join us at the summer, beacuse of Nathan Jones can persuade to stay at Charlton. But he told me, after a several converastion with Dobbo, he 100 % sure that he will join us at the summer.

As I know, the way of the blow up a transfer, and stop Dobbo to left a club, was way to far to keep him at the same motivation to stay after summer at Charlton. The key also Nathan Jones for this.
  • Options
    He's gone now, isn't he? Signed a pre-contract so I don't think Jones could keep if even if he wants to. 
    Sign him back.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    He's got the shackles of a two game suspension off his back now.

He'll need to avoid picking up another six bookings between now and the end of the season to avoid a three match ban (which I presume can carry over into next season, should he stay), but that could have been weighing on his mind these last couple of matches.
    It'll be interesting if he clatters a Carlisle player within 30 seconds on Saturday, as he's not been able to do that for weeks  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Yes.  Daft thing is I get the feeling he wants to stay, we should want him to stay (and Jones probably does), but it's all too little too late as Scott tried to push him out and the pre-contract is signed.
    I got a different feelings yesterday. 
    Yesterday that was the yearly public conversation between our manager Gzrelak, and supporters of Videoton (Fehervar).

So now I know more details about the Dobbo transfer.
    Our manager meet with him several times, he also saw a match at London, meet with him at London, and also at Budapest. And also they disscussed at phone several times.

Our manager spoke about Dobbo, he highligthed his work moral, and also a leadership at the pitch. He expland that Dobbo is like a elongated hand of coach at the pitch.

I also asked him a question, that he afraid of that Dobbo will not join us at the summer, beacuse of Nathan Jones can persuade to stay at Charlton. But he told me, after a several converastion with Dobbo, he 100 % sure that he will join us at the summer.

As I know, the way of the blow up a transfer, and stop Dobbo to left a club, was way to far to keep him at the same motivation to stay after summer at Charlton. The key also Nathan Jones for this.
    Dobson will not be moving to Hungary in the summer.
  • Options
    Yes he is gone. The only way to Charlton to keep him, if they bought out from his next contract.
  • Options
    Jones would be mad not to try and keep Dobson . The sooner the better for the club and his family's sake. 
  • Options
    Yes he is gone. The only way to Charlton to keep him, if they bought out from his next contract.
    Your penultimate paragraph contradicts this.
  • Options
    Jones would be mad not to try and keep Dobson . The sooner the better for the club and his family's sake. 
    He can try all he likes but there's no way it happens. Fehevar would have our pants down, I think they'd want 7 figures. Sounds mad I know but he's just signed a multi year contract with them and we would have to be desperate to sign him back
  • Options
    Your penultimate paragraph contradicts this.
    Or that is a reason why is he still on the way to Hungary.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    He can try all he likes but there's no way it happens. Fehevar would have our pants down, I think they'd want 7 figures. Sounds mad I know but he's just signed a multi year contract with them and we would have to be desperate to sign him back
    Source ? That's the first iv'e heard that they want over a million to sign him back. Sounds Ridiculous to me. 
  • Options
    Basically Jones kept Dobbo there by force, yet he still does his best for Charlton.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Source ? That's the first iv'e heard that they want over a million to sign him back. Sounds Ridiculous to me. 
    Why is it ridiculous?
    Dobbo sign for Fehervar as I know for three year long contract, so Fehervar can ask any price for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    se9addick said:
    Unless we buy him back, yeah he is
    How much will it cost to buy George back?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Why is it ridiculous?
    Dobbo sign for Fehervar as I know for three year long contract, so Fehervar can ask any price for it.
    I'm unsure if this has been posted elsewhere. Nathan Jones quote "Is there an option for him to stay longer? Probably, if he chooses not to that’s fine…no problem."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/not-in-the-interests-of-charlton-athletic-fc-nathan-jones-on-george-dobsons-february-switch-to-fehervar-collapsing/
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Why is it ridiculous?
    I'm unsure if this has been posted elsewhere. Nathan Jones quote "Is there an option for him to stay longer? Probably, if he chooses not to that’s fine…no problem."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/not-in-the-interests-of-charlton-athletic-fc-nathan-jones-on-george-dobsons-february-switch-to-fehervar-collapsing/
    That is a bullshit, he has a signed pre-contract.
  • Options
    Basically Jones kept Dobbo there by force, yet he still does his best for Charlton.
    By force? He is under contract here until the summer. Jones kept him here until the expiry of his contract because he is entitled to do so 
    By force? He is under contract here until the summer. Jones kept him here until the expiry of his contract because he is entitled to do so 
    Yes. I know he is under contract until this summer. That was legal from Chralton to keep him. But from Dobson side of view. He made a dicision to sign for Fehervar that time from February, he packed everthing including his family, booked the flight waiting for a paperwork, medical, searching for new home, prepare for new life. At that time Charlton agreed to sold him. And the very last minute Jones told him that he won't let him to leave the club.
  • Options
    Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked 'Subject to Contract'
    In this case the contract not only valid by hungarian law, but valid by uefa law too.

This is not a verbal agreement. Id the 'Subject to Contract' contains all of the element of the final contract, also valid by the English law too.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Why is it ridiculous?

That is a bullshit, he has a signed pre-contract.
    The full article mentions the pre-agreement and the failed transfer. I have no idea if there are any clauses within the contract, but it's possible. Bear in mind, all this happened BEFORE Nathan Jones was appointed.

From Nathan Jones.
    "It (the pre-contract) doesn’t affect anything – as long as George is at it. As long as George is George then he will be fine.
    “It will be entirely down to George and his motivation for the next two-and-a-half months."