Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lua Lua signs short term deal to end of April

Comments

• Options
    I think that puts to bed the idea these post january signings are necassarily about next season - being 33 and seemingly passing up on 27 year old Fosu. Tells me Jones is looking at formation possibilities with people he trusts
    Who said we’d passed up on Fosu?
  • Options
    I think that puts to bed the idea these post january signings are necassarily about next season - being 33 and seemingly passing up on 27 year old Fosu. Tells me Jones is looking at formation possibilities with people he trusts
    Richard Cawley
  • Options
    Richard Cawley
    Ok, thanks, must have missed that.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley
    Ok, thanks, must have missed that.

• Options
    According to my husband, his brother in law is Yann Kermogant 😳

Shouldn't your user name be Yann's Little Sis?
    If only………………sorry Bruv 🫣😂😂😂
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Time to see if this prediction comes true for us

Surely it must be time for Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins to finally join us now.
    And Stanley Matthews … another one that got away 
    Surely Andy Delort must be next!!!
  • Options
    Fosu was an x factor player with bags of skill when he first showed up at Cafc. Talented young footballer.
    Had a poor spell towards the end of his tenure at Cafc where he lost his place and Joe Aribo had the same magic feet but had a better work rate than Fosu. 
    Tariqe got sent off by the corner flag in an away match and also hit a corner flag with a shot down the Jimmy Seed end.

Fosu went to Oxford and then got the move to upwardly mobile Brentford.

Just don't think he would fit in with the work rate expected under Nathan and he has spent too much time not playing football when he should be at his peak.
  • Options
    Being a fan is funny. As we are feeling positive of our recent set of results and manager, we're referencing this as a good signing but have no idea how he trained, his current sharpness and how he has contributed since 2021. 

All that aside, it's a good signing.
  • Options
    edited March 15
    I have no idea if this is a good signing or not, as how is Kaz Lua Lua in 2024 ?

Just a short loan similar to Wickham but both guys should bring their experience to Sparrows lane and games for 6 weeks or so.

Are Cafc Folk aware that Yannick Bolasie is a cousin 🤔

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the deals with Wickham and Lua Lua are short term but most Charlton fans know how much the presence of Chuks alters the potential of this side when going forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Wickham and Lua Lua being offered one year deals if the first six weeks is seen as successful. We certainly don't have their type of physicality in the squad, so both are welcome additions. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Nothing to lose for either party really. Decent player in his day and known to Jones.  It's essentially a trial for him and us.  Hope he does well and hope we have a game or two with wingers and Tyreece Campbell gets a chance to impress through that too.
    That's a good point I hadn't really thought of, maybe this allows us to try playing with wingers at some point, perhaps move May back to the 10 and have Wickham (or Kanu or Ladapo) lead the line.

My initial thought was that he would be getting in the 18 ahead of TC, and I'm not crazy about that. I believe TC is out of contract in the summer, and I think he has shown enough potential that we should be keeping ahold of him, but I would like to see more of what he can offer in a 3-5-2. When he's come on up front he's brought a bit of spark and energy, and showed a little strength with his back to goal, but it's been in a very small sample size.

I'm not as high on it as some, both because LuaLua has been playing in the second tier in Greece, and I don't know that he'll have a huge impact. But I don't think it hurts, and if he looks sharp then we should be in poll position to offer him a contract for next season.
  • Options
    Fosu was an x factor player with bags of skill when he first showed up at Cafc. Talented young footballer.
    Had a poor spell towards the end of his tenure at Cafc where he lost his place and Joe Aribo had the same magic feet but had a better work rate than Fosu. 
    Tariqe got sent off by the corner flag in an away match and also hit a corner flag with a shot down the Jimmy Seed end.

Fosu went to Oxford and then got the move to upwardly mobile Brentford.

Just don't think he would fit in with the work rate expected under Nathan and he has spent too much time not playing football when he should be at his peak.
    It should be noted that since leaving us he's played 88 times in the Championship, including 39 times in 20/21 when Brentford got promoted to the Prem. He also won four caps for Ghana.

That being said, he's played 40 league games since then, and is without a club this season, and I don't know why. 
  • Options
    I’ve been asking all day but still no answer. So is Lua Lua married to Yann’s sister or is Yann’s wife Lua Lua’s sister? The truth must be out there somewhere. 
  • Options
    I’ve been asking all day but still no answer. So is Lua Lua married to Yann’s sister or is Yann’s wife Lua Lua’s sister? The truth must be out there somewhere. 
    Why can’t Lua Lua be married to Yann’s brother?
  • Options
    Why can’t Lua Lua be married to Yann’s brother?
    Yes you’re quite right. Why not indeed? 
  • Options
    May I be the first person to complain that he's not been signed to the end of the season  ;)
    It's good that he will be available for the last game of the season at Wycombe Wanderers on 27th April.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    May I be the first person to complain that he's not been signed to the end of the season  ;)
    It's good that he will be available for the last game of the season at Wycombe Wanderers on 27th April.
    And every other game before then...🙄
  • Options
    Time to see if this prediction comes true for us

Surely it must be time for Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins to finally join us now.
    I have it on good authority that Cardiff City and Purse were approached early on in the January window but that he was somewhat apprehensive due to our poor league position…..however, he will be a free agent at the end of the season and evidently we are still ‘hot to trot”.

Watch this space. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More evidence we don’t really need Andy Scott to find our players? 
  • Options
    edited March 15
    sam3110 said:
    This is Melvina, Yann's wife. 

I'm not an expert but I don't believe she is LuaLua's sister
    A mere technicality, if we are to reach NJ's target of a first team squad of 75 by the end of April, if she can head a ball and pick a pass like her brother, she's in!
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Couldn't Lua Lua be married to Yanny's sister = Yann is brother in law. 
  • Options
    Not sure that this will improve the atmosphere.

“He's one of those physical phenomenons that you could chuck him on the moon for a year and he'd come back and be able to be potent for a certain amount of minutes,
    "

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Couldn't Lua Lua be married to Yanny's sister = Yann is brother in law. 
    No, in true CL style, he’s now in a same sex relationship 
  • Options
    Just to complicate it further, Lua lua could be married to yanns brother or yanns husband is lua luas brother
  • Options
    We urgently need more transgender representation  in the squad. 

And the quality of home decoration in and around SE7 needs a lift too so this ties in nicely. 

Another excellent signing. 

• Options
    We urgently need more transgender representation  in the squad. 

And the quality of home decoration in and around SE7 needs a lift too so this ties in nicely. 

Another excellent signing. 

This turn of events will almost certainly stiffen up the back four.
  • Options
    All I could find was a reference on the Wikipedia page (which is freely editable) and very recent references to it.

I believe the edit history should be available in Wikipedia.

If the edit was made since the Kazenga link with CAFC then i expect it's a a Charlton fan having a bit of fun.