Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Methven at Wembley

I’m genuinely interested in people’s thoughts on him wearing an Oxford shirt at Wembley ? I’m sure most don’t care, but doesn’t quite sit right with me 

Comments

• Options
    edited May 18
    Murray - Wolves fan 
    Lenagan - Oxford fan
  • Options
    Crispy said:
    Doesn’t bother me - he’s an Oxford supporter and he’s always openly shared that information
    This
  • Options
    So what if he’s an Oxford supporter. He loves football and now has the opportunity to be involved as part owner of an our football club. I’m sure he does what he thinks best when it comes to Charlton. 
  • Options
    Yellow top with purple trousers?

Hardly "de rigeur".
  • Options
    I wonder if he will get involved with some rough and tumble with the Old Bill and end up on his arse, like one of our previous chairmen when supporting "his" club.
  • Options
    It’s not weird he’s there. I get why some might feel it’s a bit odd that as a senior official at CAFC, in the same league as Oxford, he’s decided to go full kit. 
    Unprofessional? Ah who cares. 
  • Options
    I would have the hump if he was wearing a Oxford shirt if we played them in the play off final, or any game against them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play for supporting his club,
    but means we are a business to him so no real connection to us other than £££.
  • Options
    Crispy said:
    Doesn’t bother me - he’s an Oxford supporter and he’s always openly shared that information
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 18
    Couldn't give a shit myself, he works for us, but i've never considered him a Charlton person.

I've lost count how many times i've seen former players and staff (having moved to a new club) pop up in the Charlton end.
  • Options
    When Bonne starting liking Ipswich tweets etc there was anger from some Charlton fans. How is this different ? 
    If Bonne went to an Ipswich play off final wearing an Ipswich shirt it wouldn’t matter. At the time, it was the fact that it was anti-Charlton rather than pro-Ipswich that was the problem for me.

Methven in his retro Oxford shirt doesn’t bother me. Hope he enjoys his day out.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Pleased for Oxford, there manager is an Oxford fan, and seems quite a genuine guy.

Gutted Bolton are staying down, as they’ll probably take a top 6 space, next season.

As for CM, he was always going to be there, he’s a boyhood Oxford fan, I would be surprised if he didn’t go.
  • Options
    would be weird if he didn’t go
    I agree and don’t care that he has gone. I’m sure Seth is having a full melt down right now

so we had an owner who didn’t show for Wembley, now have a minority owner who watches another team. Only at charlton
  • Options
    When Bonne starting liking Ipswich tweets etc there was anger from some Charlton fans. How is this different ? 
    Bonne was an employee who performed badly. It was poor form for a player to do that.

charlie is a minority owner. 

Big difference.
  • Options
    On a positive, where did Oxford finish last season? I think they were in a relegation battle. Shows that what we want to achieve can be done