Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CL Watford bus..

edited February 2007 in Match Day Travel
..can someone organise one? The trains suck..

Comments

• Think it's called the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines.
  • Whats the nearest tube to watford?
  • Watford
  • lol rothko!
  • The tubes aren't running to Watford on the 3rd March. You either have to get a mainline to Watford Juction or tube to Stanmore and then get a 142 bus.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]The tubes aren't running to Watford on the 3rd March. You either have to get a mainline to Watford Juction or tube to Stanmore and then get a 142 bus.

Has anyone actually told Stanmore this, don't think he'll be best pleased with all them addicks getting a tube to his gaff then demanding a Bus..
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Watford

Ha ha didn't realise they went out that far
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]The tubes aren't running to Watford on the 3rd March. You either have to get a mainline to Watford Juction or tube to Stanmore and then get a 142 bus.
    excellent. what mainlines run into Watford?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]The tubes aren't running to Watford on the 3rd March. You either have to get a mainline to Watford Juction or tube to Stanmore and then get a 142 bus.

Has anyone actually told Stanmore this, don't think he'll be best pleased with all them addicks getting a tube to his gaff then demanding a Bus..

Lol :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]The tubes aren't running to Watford on the 3rd March. You either have to get a mainline to Watford Juction or tube to Stanmore and then get a 142 bus.
    excellent. what mainlines run into Watford?

You'll have to go from Euston as I recall (used to live over that way, but never used the train!)
  • Sponsored links:

• doesn't mention no tubes on anorak.com
  • If I remember last time the trains are pretty piss poor, mind you it was a midweek cup game.....

oh yeah and as mentioned, I forgot to say the tubes was knackered!
  • Isn' t there a special Stadium station. Always gone by tube before. MAybe we should all meet up by the statue at the bottom of Charing Cross Rd and go up together like in the 70s.
  • I hadn't learned to walk in the mid seventies...
  • edited February 2007
    Watford Junction on the Euston- Northampton line- can be two stops.

Or Bushey if the train is a stopper (which is what i'm doing from Kensington Olympia)- marginally less walk than Watford Junction i would think, but no pubs on the way and the pubs near the ground are very "home fans". Definately preferable to the Jubilee to Stanmore and 142 bus!

edit-

Actually there is a nice pub on the green about 15 mins walk from the ground if you get off at Bushey. It's a 5 min walk from Bushey Stn.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]MAybe we should all meet up by the statue at the bottom of Charing Cross Rd and go up together like in the 70s.
    Is the statue of Ben Hayes?
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]MAybe we should all meet up by the statue at the bottom of Charing Cross Rd and go up together like in the 70s.
    Is the statue of Ben Hayes?

sort of ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Isn' t there a special Stadium station. Always gone by tube before. MAybe we should all meet up by the statue at the bottom of Charing Cross Rd and go up together like in the 70s.

i walk past that everyday (twice) and i always look at it and think of Ben's face on the top of it.

Sad i know.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Isn' t there a special Stadium station. Always gone by tube before. MAybe we should all meet up by the statue at the bottom of Charing Cross Rd and go up together like in the 70s.

i walk past that everyday (twice) and i always look at it and think of Ben's face on the top of it.

Sad i know.

Ok I'm officially freaked out now