Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Martin Albrechtsen released from his contract at Derby

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
I wanted him when we were in the prem

can play anywhere across the back - still young and would be great cover.......

Comments

• same here
  • Agreed, not sure about wages but would be a good addition! Him and Fortune/Sodje would give us good options there and not leave us short if injuries kick in
  • Agree with Comments ^^
  • Very surprised he's been released. Always rated him can't see him wanting to join us though, must be inundated with offers and higher wages. Can't hurt to try. Anyone know if he's carrying a long term injury or something to make them release him?
  • Albrechtsen, meanwhile, is expected to return to his native Denmark with reports suggesting the versatile defender will join FC Midtjylland.
    The 29-year-old made 42 appearances for Derby last season after arriving from West Brom, but admitted earlier in the summer that he was open to a move away from Pride Park.

Just found this on a Derby site. I've started talking to myself think I'll finally go to bed early morning ramblings sorry.
  • A nice curbs esque player.. all across the back four. If dosnt go home would have thought quite a few championship clubs would have a punt on him.