Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Centre half / halves

Where we going to get one or two from then, in the next 33 hours?

Comments

• Sam Sodje, Darren Ward?
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Fortune?

Could be. Read somewhere earlier today SheffU were signing a defender from somewhere else (can't remember where). Perhaps it hasn't worked out for JF there. Injury concerns though!
  • he is injured now, thats why he hasnt singed for Shef Utd.
  • Burnt finger maybe
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]he is injured now, thats why he hasnt singed for Shef Utd.

Not much time left then for him to prove he is worth a contract!

Defender SheffU interested in is Jordan Stewart a left back so not competition for JF.
  • edited September 2009
    He has all the time in the world. He's out of contract and can sign for any club any time.
  • edited September 2009
    Forgot about that! Don't really want him back anyway. Don't want any 'glory seekers' :-)
  • I think we can take loans after tomorrow (as well as free agents), and perhaps sending Mambo to Welling for work experience was done with the intention of keeping him close.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think we can take loans after tomorrow (as well as free agents), and perhaps sending Mambo to Welling for work experience was done with the intention of keeping him close.

I don't think the loan window opens till seven days after the normal window closes.
  • Could do worse than have a punt on Exodus Geohegan at my local club Kettering. A bit raw perhaps but possibly one that got away. Excellent long throw, great in the air and tackle indifferent distribution. Looks the sort of guy who would be so pleased to have made it to CAFC that his game would naturally be raised, but what do I know!
  • [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Could do worse than have a punt on Exodus Geohegan at my local club Kettering. A bit raw perhaps but possibly one that got away. Excellent long throw, great in the air and tackle indifferent distribution. Looks the sort of guy who would be so pleased to have made it to CAFC that his game would naturally be raised, but what do I know!

also has one motherfucker of a name!!
  • Somebody posted on another forum that one of them will be John Fortune as they have agreed to offer him a better contract. I don't know how true this is but it would be decent if it was.
  • yeah man.... totally..... Forts would be a great signing for us at this point...

better the devil you know too eh!

I bet he'd love to come back and be part of ti all too...c'mon!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Could do worse than have a punt on Exodus Geohegan at my local club Kettering. A bit raw perhaps but possibly one that got away. Excellent long throw, great in the air and tackle indifferent distribution. Looks the sort of guy who would be so pleased to have made it to CAFC that his game would naturally be raised, but what do I know!

also has one motherfucker of a name!!

Yeah that is brilliant. And to think, I used to think that Cliff Hercules was good.
  • Darren Purse???????
  • Hmmm. Well we still don't have anymore. Let's not repeat one of the biggest mistakes of last season, please...
  • Sodjer, Parky .... we need cover at centreback

;o)
  • I have been told Sodje was training with us today, as he is out of contract may still be signed
  • Sponsored links:

• Sodje has signed - It's on the OS ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]Sodje has signed - It's on the OS ;o)

What already ...?

It's not even Saturday.
  • thats good signing, sweet!
  • We have Dailly, Llera, Sodje with Mambo in waiting, and some others like Youga, Basey and Semedo who can fill in and help out....it wasn't long ago Matt Holland was a central defender! I would say the club and Parkinson have done pretty well, and I would especially say our central defensive resources compare with the resources of the competition at this level...so now we have to make the best of what looks like a good job.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]We have Dailly, Llera, Sodje with Mambo in waiting, and some others like Youga, Basey and Semedo who can fill in and help out....it wasn't long ago Matt Holland was a central defender! I would say the club and Parkinson have done pretty well, and I would especially say our central defensive resources compare with the resources of the competition at this level...so now we have to make the best of what looks like a good job.

And all thanks to Steve Waggott, Seth.........

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]We have Dailly, Llera, Sodje with Mambo in waiting, and some others like Youga, Basey and Semedo who can fill in and help out....it wasn't long ago Matt Holland was a central defender! I would say the club and Parkinson have done pretty well, and I would especially say our central defensive resources compare with the resources of the competition at this level...so now we have to make the best of what looks like a good job.

And all thanks to Steve Waggott, Seth.........

;o)

He never wrote back! Still if he's being paid £200,000 per year the Michael Turner money is much needed don't you think?
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]We have Dailly, Llera, Sodje with Mambo in waiting, and some others like Youga, Basey and Semedo who can fill in and help out....it wasn't long ago Matt Holland was a central defender! I would say the club and Parkinson have done pretty well, and I would especially say our central defensive resources compare with the resources of the competition at this level...so now we have to make the best of what looks like a good job.

yep and not one of them is on loan to us! Marvellous