Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

15 points on the board, time to go into Administration...?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Now we've got 15 points under our belts and playing like a team on fire, would now be a good time to go into administration....?

Comments

• erm when is a good time to go into administration? stupid question.
  • NO I WOULD RATHER THE TAKEOVER 2 BE SORTED OUT OR MAYBE GET 30 POINTS THEN GO IN ADMIN at least we will still be higher then southampton ;)
  • good attempt at humour but not funny ;-(
  • Wait until the last game of the season when we're 20 pts clear.
  • What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

dont be stoopid like i said good attempt 1st time but dont keep trying to flog the idea and cause a stir
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

Zero.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

dont be stoopid like i said good attempt 1st time but dont keep trying to flog the idea and cause a stir
    No point sticking your head in the stand and pretend it could never happen....

It's a gamble that other boards have made in the past, why not at Charlton...?
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

We don't need to ... haven't you seen the Takeover thread ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

my mum always told me that if i have nothing nice to say to say nothing so i wont be rude to you

let people enjoy the thoughts of a 4 nil away win the 5th on the trot before your conspirecy theoring
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]What's the chances of the board risking getting into this postition and then doing it...?

We don't need to ... haven't you seen the Takeover thread ;-)
    Got a link...? ;0)
  • This thread has bought me back down to earth after such a good weekend! No good time for admin but as long as we're above Saints
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Now we've got 15 points under our belts and playing like a team on fire, would now be a good time to go into administration....?

I think it is a valid point
  • It would kill the team....

they have worked there arse off even to the point of preparing celebrations....

to take 10 points of them now would probably burst the bubble in my view...

once we are promoted and can spare 10 points.. then we go in...

and only if zabeel or zebedee or zoviraz or zoloft or zheng zhi doesnt take us over....
  • Just what exactly is the point of this thread? Why post this shite?
  • Oh dear oh dear oh dear.........good to see comedy is alive and well today.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Just what exactly is the point of this thread? Why post this shite?
    It was designed to stimulate intellectual debate between grown up adults....
  • The numnut has got a lob-on 'cause a DirtyLeeds chavboard chomped on his sugar lump off of the numnut board (Addickted). Unlike most clubs 75% of our debt is friendly, you dingbat. Charlton going into administration would be totally retarded - effectively the board flushing their own money down the loo - it will never happen. Jog on or buy a braincell.
  • A good time.......................i know the beginning of last season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The numnut has got a lob-on 'cause a DirtyLeeds chavboard chomped on his sugar lump off of the numnut board (Addickted). Unlike most clubs 75% of our debt is friendly, you dingbat. Charlton going into administration would be totally retarded - effectively the board flushing their own money down the loo - it will never happen. Jog on or buy a braincell.[/quote]

hes starting a topic for people to debate.... no need to start abusing him you mug.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]hes starting a topic for people to debate.... no need to start abusing him you mug.

No he's not, he's whipping up an excrement souffle. Did you see the rubbish he sugar lumped to the DirtyLeeds board. If yes, then how can you possibly defend him? If no, then glean it (there's a thread about it on here) or jog on gramps.
  • Hope this takeover happens soon , so we can just get on with our season . I think we are all getting a little bit apprehensive as the transfer window nears . Everyone has thier different opinions , which makes this a excellent web site but we all have a common goal .......charlton fc to be successfull again , on and off the pitch.
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Just what exactly is the point of this thread? Why post this shite?

It was designed to stimulate intellectual debate between grown up adults....

Come on, mate. If the takeover doesn't happen, then we all know things could be looking a bit unhealthy.

We also know, and have been told enough times, that there's no benefit going into Administration, because much of the debt is structured loans (like your mortgage, if you have one) , or it is money invested in the club by the directors themselves but deferred returns.

Why would the directors wish to shoot themselves in the foot, go into admonistration - and guarantee wiping out any hope of a return? In effect, they are in debt to themselves.

Anyway, intellectual debate or whatever - this topic has been discussed to death, and has a dozen other threads meandering on.

Unless you're on a wind-up .....?
  • This is a nonsense question.

Firstly there really is no good time to go into adminstration. Lost points, screw local businesses who supply the club, screw players over wages, lose players as the Administrators will sell the decent ones to pay back the creditors. I'm sure I can think of other negatives.

Secondly there is no certainty that a buyer will be found.

Thirdly, I do not think we will go into administration if the Takeover doesn't happen. I think it's possible for us to stay in business. If it isn't how do most of those in leagues 1 & 2 survive?
  • The problem is...that a lot of them don't survive and most of the rest linger rather than prosper and sell their best players and rely on free transfers and loans with the odd FA Cup run thrown in for good measure. Occasionally one gets their act together and escapes, but for most in the bottom two Leagues it's a vicious cycle of footballing poverty.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Thirdly, I do not think we will go into administration if the Takeover doesn't happen. I think it's possible for us to stay in business. If it isn't how do most of those in leagues 1 & 2 survive?

Very few, if any, of them are trying to carry the overheads that CAFC are.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Very few, if any, of them are trying to carry the overheads that CAFC are.

So what overheads cannot be reduced if they have to AB?
  • Apparently it's essential to spend £500,000 a year on a chief executive, a deputy chief executive and a managing director.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Apparently it's essential to spend £500,000 a year on a chief executive, a deputy chief executive and a managing director.

No so presumably they can streamline these costs?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Apparently it's essential to spend £500,000 a year on a chief executive, a deputy chief executive and a managing director.

Sounds better value than spending £500,000 a year on Darren Ambrose.