Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Climate Change / NASA / Jesus / God / Y2k - Waffling expert ? Dangle ya cyber big balls here

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
I've got a lot of sympathy for the message but the sight of the posh twats all monkeying around in Bishopsgate today sets back their cause IMO. It genuinely stinks when you get close. What must Tarquin and Henrietta's mater and pater think? I like the fact that they barricaded buildings, but because they couldn't manage to get up early enough despite really, really caring about the issue, all the staff were pretty much in by the time they got there. Starbucks doing a roaring trade with the scum. Now I'd not drink their crappy corporate bog-water, but oddly the anti-globalisation mob are all over it.

All the fuss about a bit of shenanigans at West Ham but these twunts don't get a baton-ing for being far more disruptive to innocent bystanders and businesses.

Comments

• Couldn't agree more McLovin. Also in comparison with the West Ham incident, i see the stabbing at Notting Hill yesterday barely got a mention in the media, certainly not on the scale of the one outside Upton Park last week.

As for batoning the swampy's today, i should think the OB are too scared to after the G20 debacle
  • 222 arrests at Carnival. At WWW3 Upton Park, they arrested 13 (THIRTEEN).

"Chief Inspector Jo Edwards said the 222 arrests included a group of 38 people stopped by officers at Victoria station with a bullet-proof vest and a knife."
  • To put it in perspective 600,000 people attended the Carnival around 30,000 attended the West Ham game. One lasted 90 minutes, the other lasted 2 days.
  • Sparrows Lane,

The ratio of crime to people is irrelivant - Crime is crime, unless it's not at football apparently as far as the media are concerned.

No big surprise as I said that exactkey that would happen in the "millwall v west ham" thread.
  • Went and looked round their camp on Friday afternoon, and to a man woman and child they were all very friendly and charming towards me and my son.
  • edited September 2009
    Seth it will be interesting to see what state they will leave the heath in. They made a ricket going onto the heath in the 1st place imho.
  • I'm all for this sort of thing. Of course climate change/global warming/whatever is a myth, but anything that pisses off the rich bankers and stockbrokers in the City of London (now those people truly ARE scum) gets a big thumbs up from me.
  • Interesting view F&H. Why don't you pop up and glue yourself to something?
  • The Organiser,

To say that crime is crime is nonsense. There are different types and levels of crime. 10 pickpocketing or Class B drug offences are slightly different from 10 acts of GBH/AOABH.
  • no point ingoing on about the Carnival is there i mean at least two murders-- 20/30 stabbing/ 6 or more shooting at least 5 full scale riots-- only 200 arrests being GOOD.Lots of people enjoy it and the scum bags gravitate to the crowd---aint going away.

As for the great unwashed , not scum but Ban the Bomb etc by another name. Once challanged Bruce Kent (leader of CND) to protest outside the USSR embassy as well as the protest outside USA , he declined. Not really a surprise we now know some of their money came from Moscow.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Of course climate change/global warming/whatever is a myth
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Without your informed opinion I never would have known - and its nice to have the facts put in such a straightforward manner.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]no point ingoing on about the Carnival is there i mean at least two murders-- 20/30 stabbing/ 6 or more shooting at least 5 full scale riots-- only 200 arrests being GOOD.Lots of people enjoy it and the scum bags gravitate to the crowd---aint going away.

As for the great unwashed , not scum but Ban the Bomb etc by another name. Once challanged Bruce Kent (leader of CND) to protest outside the USSR embassy as well as the protest outside USA , he declined. Not really a surprise we now know some of their money came from Moscow.
    You excelled yourself there GH. Basically, you've given yourself a big pat on the back for asking someone to protest three thousand miles away, in a country with a repressive, authoritarian regime, knowing full well that - even were he able to single-handedly defeat the might of the communist army on his ill-conceived Trip To Red Square, or to take another route and slip past the most well-oiled espionage setup in the history of mankind - his protest would be utterly pointless because (and here's the rub) Soviet Russia wasn't a democracy.

Genius - I bet the geezer went away thoroughly chastened.
  • I am pleased to know that Moscow supported CND. Is that why the Cold War and Arms Race finally ended?
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]no point ingoing on about the Carnival is there i mean at least two murders-- 20/30 stabbing/ 6 or more shooting at least 5 full scale riots-- only 200 arrests being GOOD.Lots of people enjoy it and the scum bags gravitate to the crowd---aint going away.

You excelled yourself there GH. Basically, you've given yourself a big pat on the back for asking someone to protest three thousand miles away, in a country with a repressive, authoritarian regime, knowing full well that - even were he able to single-handedly defeat the might of the communist army on his ill-conceived Trip To Red Square, or to take another route and slip past the most well-oiled espionage setup in the history of mankind - his protest would be utterly pointless because (and here's the rub) Soviet Russia wasn't a democracy.

Genius - I bet the geezer went away thoroughly chastened.

Leroy - is GH not saying that CND would protest outside the US embassy in London but would not do the same outside the USSR embassy in London?
    Not - go to Russia and protest.
  • Since you don't normally have an embassy in your own country I took GH comments to refer to the USSR embassy in London not Moscow. But then again, apparently, I'm some sort of half wit so what do I know...?
  • I stand corrected.

Absolutely right - he was saying that.

Though the fact remains - the USSR wasn't a democracy, so making a public protest outside their embassy would have been about as useful as putting a screen door on a submarine
  • You might have got the wrong end of the stick Leroy, but kudos for a particularly amusing rant
  • edited September 2009
    Leroy i asked him why CND never once protested outside the Embassey of the USSR but would protest at ANY chance outside the US embassy . That would be in LOndon not in the USSR. It was at a meeting of aprox 1500 people me being about the only none CND purson there. Yes ill pat myself on the back as i had the bollox to go and say my bit , thanks for saying i can though Leroy i do of course always look for your endorsement.

All of the communist contries hated bad publicty(sic) yet never once did they go and kick up out side ?
  • no the cold war ended as they finaly saw communism enslaved people and their opertunities as well as murdering millions of its own people.
  • The Cold War ended because of the Soviet Unions dire economic situation not because they realised what naughty people they had been
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Of course climate change/global warming/whatever is a myth
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Without your informed opinion I never would have known - and its nice to have the facts put in such a straightforward manner.

He's right though. Particularly all the bollocks spouted about 'fossil fuels'.

Now if you want to get worried about the planet, how about protesting against the imminent (in earth time) swapping of the poles? Bloody disgraceful; Government should do something about it; where's Bono/Geldoff and PoleAid?
  • At no stage was the Soviet Union EVER communist. It was state capitalist. Same as our system, just with a different set of people (party bureaucrats rather than free-market profiteers) hoarding all the moolah.
  • Floyd and Harvey

Spot on, can't wait for the response !
  • I think what floydandharvey probably meant was that there is a lot of uncertain facts stated as certainty by people who, for whatever reasons, are looking to sensationalise the issue. These hippies are, in my opinion, doing it to boost their own self-importance and righteousness, plus i walked past that camp on my way to work and the place stinks. Hope they clear off soon.
  • ...also, dead right about the S.U.
  • I was told by one of the climate camp people that they will clear the whole site, and aim to leave it 'better' than when they first arrived. I imagine the fun fair also does the same thing.
  • So Climate Change protestors smell? Have you ever been downwind of a power station - particularly one fuelled by coal?
  • No i havent, and yes, they do.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So Climate Change protestors smell? Have you ever been downwind of a power station - particularly one fuelled by coal?

Brilliant idea BFR.

How much green house gas does a burning swampy make?
  • How much green house gas does a burning swampy make?

The last time I looked the energy expended on cremating a human is more than the energy created, but that was for individuals.