Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Coaches

edited September 2009 in Match Day Travel
Another little bit of seventies nostalgia to go with away games at Orient and Walsall. This one's on stand-by for "Operation Carrow Road".

Comments

• Will Eddie still be driving it...
  • Ah them were the days.
  • remember those days, racing the supporters club National ones on the motorway!
  • While waving our crates of beer at them on their dry coaches.
  • And giving danny a hiding in "the dungeon"
  • lol I was actually at the recieving end of the crate waving sitting on a National a few times! I was only 15 and unless i went with the supporters club i wasn't allowed to go. I moved up to a lewis a couple of years later and got my own back!
  • Or shaking hands with.....Danny! I wonder if he still follows the Jills. He went to watch them as when we moved to shitehurst he said it was too far.
  • I remember Betty having to lend him money to get in at Blackburn because he'd spent all his money on fags!
  • Paddy 7
    unable to get the link up,WHAT IS IT.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Paddy 7
    unable to get the link up,WHAT IS IT.

This is all I get when I click on the jpg:

ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 ÿÛ�C� $.' ",#(7),01444'9=82<.342ÿÛ�C 2!!22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222ÿÀ�–X"�ÿÄ����������� ÿÄ�µ���}�!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚ %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ�������� ÿÄ�µ�
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 ÿÛ�C� $.' ",#(7),01444'9=82<.342ÿÛ�C 2!!22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222ÿÀ�–X"�ÿÄ����������� ÿÄ�µ���}�!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚ %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ�������� ÿÄ�µ�

The secret to the takeover is recorded in Oggy's message !
  • Ha ha, Stonemuser, made me laugh!

Any nice person able to copy and post the picture so we can see it.....?

Ta!
  • that's bizzare - it was working!

it was an old Lewis Coach in what looked like a scrap yard...
  • Apologies to anyone who can't see it - I've got no idea how to "decode it" as it appears in all its glory on the original post when I look now. Don't suppose it would help if I attach a smaller version? Can't help thinking it might all be a bit of an anti-climax though!

Further apologies to the current "Lewis Coaches" for using your esteemed name in the subject thread when you couldn't even see the image. For anyone remotely interested it's to be found round the back of Edmonton bus garage (don't ask).
  • Great times in the mid-70's on the Lewis away coach, remember many of the old faces.
  • Remember George, one of the drivers.

"If any bricks come through the windows, hang onto them, I'm building a patio"
  • Got told by my old man last night that Eddie passed away last Tuesday.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned
  • that is sad, was a lovely bloke fat Eddie. was a top driver and a good fella too.

RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]Got told by my old man last night that Eddie passed away last Tuesday.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Sad news. Must let my Dad know - ex Lewis Coaches driver.
  • Eddie Cecil ,Top man ,Top Driver.Will always remember Eddie playing the piano at Margate back in the 70s one of the best . Rest in peace Eddie .
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad news ...... Big Ed was a legend back in the 70's, and me and my Dad used to see a bit of him socially as well.
    Remember that 'Beano' to Margate, cracking day out.

Dear old Eddie. RIP mate and thanks for the memories.

I'll have to let my Dad know.
  • yeah I heard this the other day from my old man as well, sad news.

Always a good laugh on Eddie's coach, remember him always trying to beat his best time through the blackwall tunnel.

Haven't seen his son (Eddie) for some time now but I believe he still goes to Charlton.

RIP Eddie
  • His son Little Eddie was at the EXETER away game.Had lots of happy times with his dad,in the 70s.