Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel Advice

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
I will be in Hammersmith Saturday morning, what's the best way to get to the match by car? Roughly how long will it take? I'm not very knowledgeable about west London so any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Thanks VA but I was more interested in any routes I should avoid seeing as though it is a Saturday lunchtime
  • Go east, young man...
  • You could try getting to Kew Bridge then picking up the South Circular which would take you all the way to Woolwich. Various traffic 'hotspots' on the way e.g Wandsworth, Forest Hill, Catford, etc. so allow time for them but if you have a good run, all the more time for a pint!
  • I'd go along by Earls Court, down to the embankment, over Vauxhall Bridge, through the Oval, Camberwell, New Cross (can pick me up if you like) then over Blackheath...

give yourself an hour though, you just cant predict the traffic on a saturday!
  • where's our resident black taxi driver?

i'd go over vauxhall bridge and go round elephant and castle down the okr and over blackheath. an hour at worse!
  • Wandsworth is a drag, well it is east-west, and probably the other way, I reckon Earls Court, the Embankment then to the City (closed on Saturdays?)to Tower Bridge, Aldgate then Rotherhithe or Blackwall Tunnel, basically west-east as near as you can to how the crow flies.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]I'd go along by Earls Court, down to the embankment, over Vauxhall Bridge, through the Oval, Camberwell, New Cross (can pick me up if you like) then over Blackheath...

give yourself an hour though, you just cant predict the traffic on a saturday!

Definitely the best way, but I reckon it's an hour minimum.
  • Thanks for the help everyone, I will probably go the Vauxhall Bridge way, think I would rather avoid the Blackwall
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]You could try getting to Kew Bridge then picking up the South Circular which would take you all the way to Woolwich. Various traffic 'hotspots' on the way e.g Wandsworth, Forest Hill, Catford, etc. so allow time for them but if you have a good run, all the more time for a pint!
    No, no no, you don't want to go that way, you want to go north on the A163 and do a left on the Finsbury flyover...
    misc-5.jpg