Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

newspaper headline: Millwall issue angry response to FA charges

Did they rip out the seats at the FA and throw them at the police and stewards then? Seems to be their angry response to most things, particularly to losing games in East London.

Comments

• Options
    To be fair to our loutish neighbours, it's grossly unfair that they got the same sanctions as West Ham. Not unexpected, I guess.
  • Options
    They didn't, West Ham had more on their charge sheet than the loveable rogues down the road. Though it is a bit much to expect the spanners to keep their fans under control at away games as they can't do it at home.
  • Options
    I can understand Millwalls frustration at this because in all reality they have no possibility of controlling their "fans" behaviour. Having said that, there is of course no other way other than to mete out punishment to the clubs involved. I know that there has certainly be a slackening of the ticketing controls that Millwall have had in place for a while now. I suppose they need to bring back draconian measures in order to make obtaining tickets harder.
  • Options
    Deserve all they get...nuff said!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I can understand Millwalls frustration at this because in all reality they have no possibility of controlling their "fans" behaviour.
    No you're right, they can't be expected to control their fans at away games.
    Except, maybe insisting on ID associated with every ticket sale. And putting Millwall staff and stewards on duty. And putting on safe, secure transport in consultation with the home team. And making sure that ticket sales are only made to fans arriving at the game in controlled, Millwall-provided coaches. And making sure they always condemn the ignorant minority who cause trouble at any other game - and ensure they are properly punished. And ensuring the away end at Upton Park is properly covered by well-posted CCTV. And having hand-held CCTV cameras in operation around the ground before the game. And writing to fans who have purchased tickets reminding them of their responsibility and explaining the punishments that will be given to micreants.

If Millwall have done all this - and more - then they should be let of and, in fact, held up as an example of proper fan management. If they haven't bothered, then they should be prepared to have the book thrown at them (and, I suppose, we have to be prepared that they'll catch it, rip it up, throw it back and blame the bloke who celebrated the book originally being thrown).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I can understand Millwalls frustration at this because in all reality they have no possibility of controlling their "fans" behaviour.
    No you're right, they can't be expected to control their fans at away games.
    Except, maybe insisting on ID associated with every ticket sale. And putting Millwall staff and stewards on duty. And putting on safe, secure transport in consultation with the home team. And making sure that ticket sales are only made to fans arriving at the game in controlled, Millwall-provided coaches. And making sure they always condemn the ignorant minority who cause trouble at any other game - and ensure they are properly punished. And ensuring the away end at Upton Park is properly covered by well-posted CCTV. And having hand-held CCTV cameras in operation around the ground before the game. And writing to fans who have purchased tickets reminding them of their responsibility and explaining the punishments that will be given to micreants.

If Millwall have done all this - and more - then they should be let of and, in fact, held up as an example of proper fan management. If they haven't bothered, then they should be prepared to have the book thrown at them (and, I suppose, we have to be prepared that they'll catch it, rip it up, throw it back and blame the bloke who celebrated the book originally being thrown).

I expect Millwall do a lot of this.

Doesn't stop a load of nobheads just turning up in East London for an evening of street entertainment though. I have no idea how anybody can stop this sort of mentality.
  • Options
    To be fair to Millwall the only trouble they caused inside the ground was smashing up the away toilets which obviously won't have CCTV. Cole was allegedly subjected to racist chanting but i don't think you're going to be able to pin that on any particular individual. Apart from that any Millwall trouble was outside the ground caused by fans who went without a ticket solely to cause trouble, what can Millwalls bosses/directors etc do about that?
  • Options
    The only answer is to move Millwall out of town and change the name (like Franchise) then these lovable, misunderstood salt-of the-earths won't have anyone to latch onto. The ground is going to collapse into a heap of rust soon anyway so they better start looking now. Didn't the Isle of Man look for a league club some time ago?
  • Options
    There were still over 200 seats damaged or broken in the away end, I believe (and know from talking to certain West Ham types) that they were definitely the main instigators that night, and rightly have received more charges, but it was not completely quiet in the away end either.
  • Options
    What a pathetic club they really are nowadays. Everytime i see their ground its similarly empty, regardless of whether theyve got a game.

The only thing they get excited about is a fight with west ham and i pity them that.

Just pathetic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is the rust poisoning from the New Den that turns them all mad. FACT.