Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

no laughing matter

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Any think these appeals are frivolous?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6396277.stm

(sorry - don't know how to do links)

Comments

• Starting a mass brawl? Yeah, I'd say that's well worthy of a red card....

I'm sure our board will be eagerly awaiting the result of this one.
  • Great point sash... let's wait and see.
  • Mikel will struggle to get out of his red card being as he was involved at the start. Adebayor will presumably be claiming mistaken identity and may get off ban (not the red card though which stays on his record) although the fa in their infinate insantiy may take the view that as he was involved in the melee he deserves all he gets.

Lampard and Fabregas will be okay as they have been booked already. It is those who didn't and the managers who will suffer.
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Mikel will struggle to get out of his red card being as he was involved at the start. Adebayor will presumably be claiming mistaken identity and may get off ban (not the red card though which stays on his record) although the fa in their infinate insantiy may take the view that as he was involved in the melee he deserves all he gets.

Lampard and Fabregas will be okay as they have been booked already. It is those who didn't and the managers who will suffer.

I hope the managers do take the rap - it was completely out of order them coming onto the pitch, even if they claim they were trying to calm it down. What was the fourth official doing?
  • Surely a more frivolous appeal than ours, they'll get an extra two match ban each, won't they?
  • All seems pretty 'frivilous' to me. Wonder if the FA will view this as time wasting and double things up.

Wayne Bridge should be made to surrender his Equity card. The big pansy.

It'll also be interesting to see if Robbie Keane gets away with his red card...
  • I think Adebayor's problem may be the way he reacted and refused to leave the field. If his ban stays, I'd expect him to get a game of two extra for his reaction. For that alone, I doubt it will get rescided
    Eboue must get done for slapping Bridge for sure.