Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Bridge

Quoted after the cup final: 'I don't care what happened during the game - we got three points and that's all that counts.'

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why he's known as "Trigger" in the dressing room?

Comments

• Options
    Sad innit...still, he did suffer a really heavy and painful blow to the head.Not.
  • Options
    I heard that and thought it was funny but I always think it's unfair to stick a mic in front of a players whose been playing at full tilt for 90 mins and is likely to be physically and mental exhausted and expect them to be articulate and precise in what they say.

I remember the England v Spain game in the 82 World cup. We had drawn and so were out and Mick Mills, 34 years old so must have known that it was his last game for his country as well, was asked "how do you feel?" Stupid question which to his credit he replied to with some cliche rather than the truthful "I feel fucking terrible, we've gone out and my career is over so piss off"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I remember the England v Spain game in the 82 World cup. We had drawn and so were out and Mick Mills, 34 years old so must have known that it was his last game for his country as well, was asked "how do you feel?" Stupid question which to his credit he replied to with some cliche rather than the truthful "I feel fucking terrible, we've gone out and my career is over so piss off"[/quote]

I remember that interview...if I recall correctly the interviewer asked Mills straight if he thought it would be his last game for England.